1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Set Traps

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Grumblebelly, Oct 10, 2000.

1. Grumblebelly Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I haven't seen too much discussion on this skill, but let me just say it rocks. I wish I had put more of Yoshimo's points into it when he leveled. If you are using the "puller" strategy of bringing the enemy to your party, nothing beats the traps. High damage and the special traps will often "hold" enemies. If you haven't played with it yet, I highly recommend it.

I set up 4 traps for that tough battle in the sewers against the evil party. Their dwarf died before he even reached my group thanks to the traps.

2. Air Peckos Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I used traps on both of the dragons ive killed so far and they really helped alot. They really are a underrated ability of the thieves in this game.

3. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Awesome! Some RPG'ers that appreciate the special snares and traps! I stumbled onto the power of these when clearing the Keep. Perhaps you recall the room of Golems, it was a life saver for me there!

Yes it is underrated but those who have found it love it! These snares work on EVERY type of creature thus far, Golems, Dragons, Vampires and the like!

4. homesick-alien Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

i never use traps one query i had was does the trap have an area effect or does the creature have to walk directly over the trap i tried it retreated to a safe distance nd the couldnt see the trap get sprung im think im just a little confused oh how thewhole set traps system works im not even sure if the traps i set are actually set ???? how do i find this out
    im glad some one has given me a post in which to show my ignorance

5. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Anyone that comes into the area of a trap gets hit. In other word, whenever an enemy enters the screen, it hits them. They can hit multiple enemies for more damage than a fireball. The special snares are totally awsome because you can set them from a distance. So, if you know there are 6 enemies right around the corner, bingo! I have to agree that traps are awsome. They really give thieves the boost that they needed since they don't get more attacks in a round like in 3rd edition D&D.

6. Air Peckos Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I LOVE YOU FELLOW TRAPPERS

A.P

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.