1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 114

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    No. Different. Easier due to less carrots.

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

My Belkin wireless router doesn't route.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Does it woute?

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Do you ever get the feeling you're surrounded by idiots? :doh:

5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The wife wants to trade in her 2002 Camry, which has 150k milage, for a new car. We can afford it, but her Camry is running just fine as I upkeep our vehicles. But she wants something a little fancier. I told her to slow down and if we go this route to buy another dependalbe, good milage vehicle. I drive a 2006 Saturn Vue, 6-cylinder, front-wheel drive. She wants a 2-door Beamer. Let the head-butting begin! We have 2 young children, so the car-seats will be pretty useless in her vehicle. Which will put the burden on me daily. Though I would be willing to agree to the deal if she throws in a Vegas trip for Big-Daddy Blades. ;) At least a week. AT least...

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Compromise and get a four-door beamer....

Speaking of Vegas ... Mrs Bruno just made plans for three nights at the Bellagio ... I hope they include me.

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If I come to this site one more time and see that god damn human/dog hybrid thing, I'm gonna barf a Birkenstock. Or something.

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have stayed at several places on the strip, but I like the RIO the best. Mardi Gras 24-7 and great buffets. Though I enjoyed Mandaly Bay as well, but it's pricey. The Russian Vodka bar was cool.

A few years back, I was in Vegas for an amatuer pool tournament and one of the bartender's hooked us up with a balcony seat for the water show. He loaded us up with beers and food. He was from Philly and recognized the team logo on our shirts. Baileys Bar & Grille, our home court. It was pretty awesome.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Riiight, in July probably :D

10. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Peter Pan is from Neverland... not Nederland or Netherlands. ;)

And I think TBruno was thinking about Netherworld.

11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not Nether-regions?

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Probably both.

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Maybe I should see a doctor or something, this is beginning to get ridiculous. I've a hard time sleeping, since I have to go to the bathroom so often. I have very frequent urination, sometimes 3-4 times per hour . I drink something, anything, and within 20-40 minutes it has to get out. I'm constantly tired and thirsty too. Meeeeh already missed class yesterday, getting up seemed like an unsurmountable task. I've sleep through most of the day and I'm still tired this morning, and the thirst Arrrgh.

On a brighter note, I've successfully refitted my two year old laptop into an HTPC ! Weee, mkay so the integrated Intel graphic card can only output 720p but honestly on an 19" screen this doesn't really matter. Ok so the DVD drive is broken, but I circumvented the problem by ripping in high quality every DVD I had (that mattered anyway). I'm using XBMC , it's quite good ! I can watch tons of internet content too. As for the remote, why bother ? I've a smartphone with wifi. It's more of a transition state, before I can accumulate enough money for a proper dedicated HTPC. I wonder if I'll need extra codec or software or whatever for a bluray player.

14. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Flix, go see a doctor ASAP. Those symptoms could indicate Diabetes.

15. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Monty beat me to it. Hope that's not it, but does sound like d. insipidus, although onset of d. mellitus isn't ruled out either.

16. Ofelix

Media:
    Oh joy, diabetes, as if my life needed that. I'll get an appointment then. " d. insipidus " isn't that type 2 diabetes ? Like the adult kind ?

17. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    No, no, diabetes insipidus is a completely different disease, usually caused by some deficiency in ADH secretion/action.

Diabetes mellitus (types I and II, formerly known as juvenile and adult types) is the insulin-based one.

(Both are called diabeteses due to tradition - because some of the symptoms in early stages are similar and since urin tasting was an accepted diagnostic practice once upon a time there is "mellitus" (sweet) and "insipidus" (tasteless) variety of names.)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I wasn't aware of the "insipidus" type but "mellitus" (especially type 2) is something we are very much aware of in my family. :bad:

I'll keep my fingers crossed it's not a permanent type of Diabetes.

19. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Then again it might just be that you're tired, thirsty, and have to pee. :) I wouldn't rush to any self-diagnoses-based conclusions.

20. Ofelix

Media:
    Oh no of course not I'm not prone to self diagnostic, unlike my hypochondriac father (but that's another story). I went to class this morning, I wonder why, I think I blank out once, the professor was talking about... something and then the powerpoint was completely different and we were discussing something entirely different. I was unable to concentrate for more than 10 minutes. I left the class feeling numb, confused, and not sure why I was there.

Where's the phonebook ? 'tis time for a doctor's appointment me think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.