1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rannos Davl and Gremag revenge

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Imlandris, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Imlandris Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello There,

My first post. A really interesting place to get information on all cRPG. Thanks to all.

Here is my little story.

When my party was level 2, in Hommlet, I tried to kill the traders, Rannos and Gremag.

They fleed before I could finish them. Cowards !

Now my party is level 5/6. I'm wandering in level two of the temple and completly forgot about Rannos and Gremag.

After a hard time in level 2 I went back to Nulb in my house (I bought house from Preston to rest wihtout having to hear noises in the Nulb's Tavern) to have some rest. What a surprise ! Rannos and Gremmag were waiting for me with some fellows.

I tried to defeat them. But I can't (tried three times, my sorceress is killed in the first round by a sneaking rogue dealing four sneak attacks in a round !). They are really though guys !

Did someone face the same problem ? And how did you deal with ?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  2. Imlandris Gems: 1/31

Well, it seems nobody here never had the same problem.

Currently I decided to not go anymore in my home.

My party is now level 8. So maybe I'll try later to go back home and kill them if they are still waiting for me.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Honestly, I know very little about that encounter, yet. But I'm curious and want to find out myself and possibly tell my experiences when I have found a solution. In my current game, I haven't fought R&G. I do know that a lvl 8 assassin is sent to kill you. This might also have something to do with selling Lareth's gear after killing him in the moathouse. This assassin seems to be locked to the party's main spellcaster and there is supposedly little you can do to keep your spellcaster 100% safe from him. Sounds tough. And I'm looking forward to it. :D

I'm level 5 now, and I own a house in Nulb too (We might be neighbours! :p). So I guess I'm gonna find out soon enough.

Do you have the Co8 patch installed?

4. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Mage Armor, bark or stoneskin, or invisibility for the sorceress before entering. Trip attacks, Tasha's laughter, hold person, or ghouls' touch to limit R & G's attacks against you, then concentrate on one to take them out.

5. Imlandris Gems: 1/31

To Master of Nuhn :

Yes I have Co8 mod, 5.9.3 without New Content.

To General Ghoul :

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll prepare my team before entering my house and I'll let you know what happened.

6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I believe that the encounter you are talking about is added by Co8 (one of their oldschool modders, Livoyna, created this encounter IIRC) and it was purposely created to be difficult. You will probably have a much easier time at level 8. Make sure to buff up before you go inside.

7. Imlandris Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Mission accomplished. I defeated them.

My sorceress casted Mirror Image and Protection against evil. One of my priests casted Prayer and we rushed into the house.

In this combat initiative check of the first turn is all for R & G team (they even cast buffing spells while Rannos is talking to us).
    My sorceress resisted the rogue assault but not a barbarian assault. She fell unconscious before she could even cast a single spell. So we fought 4 (my party) against 7 (R & G party). Fortunately my rogue/wizard did a great job with her fireballs (knocking one unconscious on the first blast) while my fighter and clerics were trying to keep my sorceress alive, constantly attacking the ones who were trying to finish her. My dwarf fighter did a great job with his Greater cleaver +2 and it took 4 or 5 turns to kill them all. My sorceress survived and nobody got killed.

The loot is quite impressive :

Around 200 platinum pieces.
    Some jewelery.
    Two (pair of) gloves of DEX +2
    A mithral shirt (light, AC+4, max DEX bonus +6)
    Four potions of Cure serious wound
    2 scrolls of Death knell
    A ring of protection +2
    An amulet of Proof against Detection and Location
    A full plate +1 (AC+9)
    A red chain mail +2 (AC+7)
    A chain shirt +1 (AC+5)
    A rapier +2
    A steel shield +2 (AC+4)
    A dagger of venom (poison and +1)
    A red chain mail +3 (AC+8)
    A wahizashi +1
    Two short swords +1
    A morningstar +1
    A dagger +1
    Dust of disappearance.

I found a note on the rogue asking to kill me for having killed Lareth.

I sold almost everything (my party being level 8 and having craft arms/armors and craft wondrous items, they are already pretty well equipped and I prefer to save money to improve their gear)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  8. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nice job. Yeah, as I recall crafting is the way to go in ToEE in order to get some really stellar gear.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.