1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite SoA Weapon

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Caine, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Caine Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

i know this thread has probly been done before but that was be fore i was here so what do you think me staff of the magi why? my sorcerer is almost melee fighter with it equiped

hmmm cs my try that out

[This message has been edited by Caine (edited September 14, 2001).]

2. Carmysor
    Staff of the Magi

And this topic has been done at least 2 times.

3. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Daystar
    Staff of the Magi
    Carsomyr +5

And...*drumroll*...

Lilarcor!

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Depends on what charater i'm using at the time, and i generally find that it's not the most powerful weapons, eg: celestial fury that grab my attention, but the more overlooked ones.
    With the character i'm using just now Arbanes shortsword is his favourite and he really wants to see irenicus' heart on the end of it for hurting his little sis ;).

5. zantetsuken Guest

Blackrazor + Celestial Fury... Yup, my most favorite weapons.
    First, stun the enemy. Then, slowly weaken and drain them while you get stronger and stronger... and faster and faster...You become healthier...revived...Deadlier, as the two swords reach their true momentum and become a blurr of lights.. and the sweet song of the two blades as one rings forever within... then, everything is released, the feral intensity, the inner rage...and...
    Annoyingly lost as the opponent lies dead at your feet. Hmm... I wasn't done yet!!!

None could be better. (For me, Anyways!!! :))
    The only weakness I found is that with these I couldn't hit demi-liches... but there are other alternatives...

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Blackrazor and C fury as well, I just love them :)

Against undead and golems, I like Crom and Mace of Disruption/Flail of Ages

Gesen bow to the archer and Staff of magi for the spellcaster

7. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

True indeed. Celestial Fury has a lot of wonderous abilities. Though it is "only" a +3 enchanted weapon; I think it is the best meele weapon in SoA.

...staff of the magi is too powerful...it ruined all the fun with the game(I could beat Irenicus in the elven city with my sorcerer by just pounding him with that staff); I sold it.

8. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i gotta say that carsomyr would be my fav if an elf could use it! otherwise, lilarcor and vorpal swords r the coolest 4 me

9. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

lilarcor (for mazzy,My sorcerer cant hold it)and the fire staff +2 and other elemental staffs.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I think that the flail of the ages is excelent, it is great to hit mages and to dispell spellcasting and it's slow ability is almost as good as C'Furys stun effect. Additionally it is +4 and can hurt golems.

I also like C'Fury, dragons breath halberd, warblade and namarra quite much.

11. zantetsuken Guest

BTW, why didn't they include scythes in the game? (Thanks for reminding me, Grim Reaper :)) Scythes are among my most favorite weapons... best of all, almost anybody can use them. (Even mages! esp, Necromancers) If they were there you could have a weapon that helps Ordinary sorcerers and mages hold their own in battles. (No offense to the staff of the Magi... but think about it. )Highly Enchanted Staff VS Highly Enchanted + Necromancy Magic Amplified Scythe with better combat and battle attributes. (Remember, scythes are weapon-shields. If you study the techniques involved wielding them, notice that most are defensive and blocking... the attack moves are much less... yet are also very, very effective.)

12. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

i was thinking how cool sythes would be in bg the other day. Could do some real damage with a grandmastery in it, especialy in those dungeons where there are tons of goblins/kobolds!

13. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A scythe may look cool and be mythologically significant, but it really isn't the most effective combat weapon. I've used a scythe. The grip would make it pretty lame for cutting through anything tougher than weeds.

14. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I agree with Ragusa. Flail of ages +3 Blunt weapon, and slow. Hurts almost everything. Ragusa: +4 in SoA?

Evil aligned: Black Razor. Its Mayhem.

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I always mix it up: +4 damage (plus special acid/ cold/ fire damage iirc) and +3 on THACO, so it is a +3 weapon, you're right. Mea culpa.

16. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

IMHO the best weapon in the game is the humble but satisfying Celestial fury. Just look at these stats:

Katana +3
    To enchant a katana is no simple process. Unlike conventional weapons, the katana is already a near-perfect fighting sword. To improve it usually requires a sacrifice, perhaps a dying samurai might beg a Wu Jen to infuse his fighting spirit into the spirit of the katana. The wielder of an enchanted katana, such as this one, must respect the customs of Kara-Tur and of the samurai who once carried this blade into battle. Not doing so could drastically change one's luck for the worse.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
    Lightning Strike: Once per day
    Blindness: Once per day
    Combat Abilities:
    Booming Thunder whenever the sword strikes an opponent
    (Stun, Save vs. Spell)
    Shocking Blow chance when sword strikes an opponent
    (5% chance of 20 additional electrical damage)
    THAC0: +3 bonus
    Damage: 1D10 +3
    Damage type: slashing
    Weight: 3
    Speed Factor: 1
    Proficiency Type: Katana
    Type: 1-handed
    Requires: 6 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Druid
    Cleric
    Mage

17. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It may not be even near the most powerful, but I find myself liking the Daystar. Mostly because I hate undead, and Sunray is beyond my abilities for quite some time.

18. Khementi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Blackrazor if only for the name..

19. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Nice one tjekanefir, agreed. Scythes?!? What is this, Grim Fandango?

20. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

For long playable reason definitely be Celestial Fury and Flail of Ages.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.