1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I get that too, but it usually subsides after a matter of seconds, and long before I have a chance to post about it anywhere. I guess I'm not the only "sensitive guy" on these boards.

Cheer up Morgoth. You can always start right over from the beginning! :thumb:

2. Charleston Templar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I am playing BG again.

Decided to go back and start all over w/a LG Fighter after finding out how much I liked the Fighter Stronghold in BGII.

Also, sticking to the basic party that BGII assumes in the beginning, i.e. PC, Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc, Dynahier.

Planning on carrying my PC (andthe party) over to and thru BGII (and having a wild affair w/Jaheira but don't tell my wife).

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

So you have Khalid and Dynaheir mods for BG2???

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @Marceror. No, I guess I won't be touching BG for another few months. Been working on that run-through since August :)

5. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hehe, of course. One does not eat a 5 course meal just to turn around and eat a second one... unless of course, they're really friggin' hungry! :D

6. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I'm doing a combination of Unreal Tournament 2004 and Rome: Total War.

7. Marceror

Media:
    Did you get your crashing issues in RTW resolved pplr?

I just installed NWN2 + expansions last night. First time playing on my current PC, and for the first time I am able to max out all graphics settings, and so far it's been smooth as silk. I've had a history of performance problems with this game, so this feels nice. :)

I'm still in West Harbor, so I'm only just getting started.

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @Marceror. I'm planning a full-run through the Icewind Dale series. I've always liked the first IWD better than BG2, since IWD doesn't constantly make me feel such a clutz when fighting enemies.

People have been saying that the mage is one of the most powerful classes in BG2. I must be doing it wrong then since most of the powerful enemies: Kangaxx, Firkraag, Bohdi, Irenicus and the 5 Bhaalspawn, were immune to my magic. I always had to resort to Yoshimo's and Jans trap skills and me and Minsc whacking them with Crom Faeyr and Ravager.

With IWD I can actually say: "Magic, it works *****es!" :D

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  9. Marceror

Media:
    Cool, well enjoy that. I enjoy both also, but BG has more of what I enjoy than IWD does. In general, I prefer how combat works in IWD, over vanilla BG though. I love how groups respond as groups, and you can't easily lure your enemies out to be slaughtered one or two at a time. Of course, I play BG modded, so I get the same effect there. I also dig the 3rd edition rules in IWD2 (or does IWD have them also? It's been too long).

I'm considering a full runthrough of NWN2 OC and MotB. I doubt I would play through Storm of Zehir again, though. I started with a human rogue/wizard, and am planning to go the Eldritch Knight route. I'm including a level or two in rogue, but I find that it's just a good idea to have your main character possess certain sneaky abilities in this game

Especially in Mask of the Betrayer, where your only non-evil rogue option among your companions is the Red Wizard's familiar

I'm thinking I'll do something like rogue5/wizard15/eldritch knight 10 over a 30 level build. Or perhaps fighter2/rogue3/wizard15/eldritch knight 10, so I can get 4 attacks per round before hitting epic levels. Decisions, decisions.

10. Arakune Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Deadspace with indepth headphones and dark brightness settings. I suggest all of the weary heart to pick it up, along with (nationalism swelling) Amnesia: The Dark Descent :) no weapons, no guns, no way to defend yourself from the creatures roaming in the castle. You can hide in the shadows, but your sanity decreases, and the lower your sanity, the easier it is for creatures to spot you. :o VEry very scary, but im young.

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood. It is addicting. I have been playing for periods of 5+ hours. My brain is melting from staring at a screen all day, but damn it feels good to be a gangster.

12. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Divinity 2 with the expansion.

13. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Jsut bought NWN2 Platinum at Best Buy for 19.99. Not sure If i should start the OC or SoZ. I like the idea of making all 4 characters.

14. Marceror

Media:
    The story and gameplay is far richer in the OC. SoZ is neat because you get the sense that you can really explore a large world, but most encounters end up feeling relatively insignificant. The plot is sort of this distant background idea that you check in on periodically.

So if you're looking for ultimate freedom at the expense of story, go with SoZ. If you're looking fora more traditional story driven RPG, go with the OC, and the MOTB expansion that continues on the story of your PC from the OC.

15. Blades of Vanatar

OC it is then. I can handle NPCs if I have to. I see you can control the NPCs, but can't make the level choices concerning class? Hmm..... I guess I can live with that. Now, for the character build then. So many choices.:)

If I have downloaded all of the discs, including OC, MotB and SoZ, can I create the additonal races/classes that are provided in Soz when playing the OC?

16. Marceror

Media:
    Yes, and you get a few other perks of the later expansions such as multiple quickbars visible (can be set in the options tabs) and some performance improvements in the game engine.

As for the NPCs in the OC, no you can't choose their class (with one possible exception). You can choose their feats and skills and how they generally develop within their class.

There is one NPC who you have the opportunity to support taking a pretty dramatic career change later in the game, or you can choose not to support this.

17. Blades of Vanatar

Just played through the tutorial of NWN2 and off to more adventure.

My PC

Currently:
    Human LG Male Pal(3)/FavSoul(2) of Torm. Will continue to level as Favoured Soul for Healing and Buffs. Not sure where to go from there, as some of the Prcs look tempting, possibly Weapons Master, but nothing looks necessary....

Starting Stats:
    Str - 14
    Dex - 14
    Con - 14
    Int - 10
    Wis - 11
    Cha - 15(now 16) will continue to add to CHA for great save bonuses from Pally and obviously for the Divine spells.

Feats: PA, CL, WF - GS, Combat Casting

18. Marceror

Media:
    Favored Soul is an interesting choice, and they have some reasonable synergies with Paladin. Like sorcerers, they can cast all day, but have limited spell selection. I like that they get some nice weapon feats, so they can be somewhat more effective in combat than a cleric (especially if you choose some good self buffs). They can't wear heavy armor, but:
    get yourself a good set of mithril full plate later in the game (counted as medium) and you will be heavily armored.

Should be fun. You really don't need to multiclass further in order to keep your spell progression going and gain some of the later game benefits of this class. And if you stick with it you'll be eligible for some epic bonus feats in MotB (assuming you plan to play that too).

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Most modern games have an achievement system (on the PS3 they are called Trophies) which reward you for doing certain things in the game, such as kill 500 people total, or finish the game, or get a 10 person kill streak, etc. You get a platinum trophy when you get every achievement. I like platinuming games because it makes me feel like I got my money's worth of the game, and I like shiny things.

I want to do it before the sequel comes out because I usually don't go back and play the first game once a sequel comes out because they usually upgrade the controls (playing RE4 after RE5 felt archaic and far too difficult).

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Most played game recently would be Starcraft 2. Well polished game, with quite a few addictive bits. Rather enjoying myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.