1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Searching for the Alchemist

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by TS_Hawk, Dec 17, 2010.

1. TS_Hawk Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am wondering is the Yuan Ti Priest in the Chapel area that is guarded by the Half Blood Sorceress' the Alchemist? I mean I have waited 16 hours and still no sign of the Yuan Ti that is supposed to do the alchemy for the potion, nor has the other character come to fix the one rod. I am to the point to where I should just open up DK2 and put the frelling potion in my inventory!

Yes I have the original walk through manual

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think you have to look around his lab and find a note about a problem with the lever. Sorry that's a bit vague, it's something I do on auto-pilot now!

3. TS_Hawk Gems: 2/31

yeah i have the note that you are referring too. And I have Sorcerer who has a 16 + in Alchemy as well but still I can't even brew the stuff. I know I need to wait for the lever but this is getting boring :p

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You have been given the quest haven't you? Also, did you put the instructions on how to do it in your sorcerers inventory (the instructions on what to do, not the note about the lever)?

5. TS_Hawk Gems: 2/31

i will go back and talk but yeah i believe i have the quest. also the note on the one bookshelf is the only note i have about the wyvern poison and histachi brew as well as the lever.

6. Silvery

Media:
    IIRC there is a list of instructions on one of the shelves.

7. TS_Hawk Gems: 2/31

Right I know that. I have the list its a note from the Alchemist. Its on the shelf across from the table to make the brew. I have a sorcerer with an alchemy skill of 16 not including what their INT bonus is. I should be able to brew the potion myself. I put the note in my sorcerers inventory click on the table and it only shows me the mandrake root. So am I doing something wrong?

8. Silvery

Media:
    You need to go and pull the lever in the temple room and that should be it. I'll have to load it up and have a look

9. TS_Hawk Gems: 2/31

The lever won't budge and when I click on the table it just says something about that this table is used for creating the brew. The fake root is on the table and i have the note in my inventory.

10. Silvery

Media:
    OK then it should be working. You get the root after Neero asks, report it to him then get the quest to make the brew. Go to the lab get the instructions on how to make the potion, give them to your 16 alchemy dude, get him to swap the roots, leave the room, go to the lever to the left and make 16 dude pull it and you should get the potion.
    At least, that's how I remember it. Maybe there's a bug somewhere. Do you have any previous saves from before you entered the dragons eye?

11. TS_Hawk Gems: 2/31

Well I tried just using my sorceress and she can't get the lever to budge. So I guess I am going to way back to where the guardain is slain and the portal collapsing finish the fight all over again and then start dragons eye all over again.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  12. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

If you can't get the lever to budge, it means it hasn't been repaired yet. The Yuan-Ti alchemist (Dhay-Jazzerion or somesuch) fixes it "automatically" when you advance the story to the point where he finally appears. Intimidating him into submission is only necessary if you want to have your potion done right away without your own alchemist, and even then you can do the switcharoo on him and just wait until he starts the procedure by himself.

Also, you'll have to take OFF the original root and replace it with yours so that the script about this part of the quest being complete kicks in.

13. TS_Hawk Gems: 2/31

I have advanced up to 3 days after I switched the roots and he never showed up. I went back to a save point before I even entered the Dragons Eye now 122 Days and 3 hours is my save point. According to the published walkthrough by Prima he is supposed to show up every 8 hours game time. He sure as hell didn't do that when I first was there and now I am going to wait and see.

14. TS_Hawk Gems: 2/31

Well I am sitting at 125 days and 18 hours still no sign and I really don't want to put the sabotage brew into my inventory via dk2. I have done what I can in level 3 and even with my sorceress and her alchemy skill I still can't use that lever to even make the brew.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.