1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 113

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Interesting... In the pre-Christian Slavic culture, the first haircut a male infant got was connected with a celebration. The boy (usually seven years old at the time) would get a name that day and pass into his father's care, starting the primary socialization process. This rite of passage was called 'postrzyżyny' /pɔsṭʃɨˈʒɨ̃nɨ/ (literally 'hair-cutting').

So, Silvery, since you 'got a little weepy' - are you absolutely sure you have no Slavic roots? This certainly looks like ancestral memory at work! :D

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, we're blonde haired/blue eyes in this family! :lol:

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

It's gonna be an eventful month. Hours just got cut at work (a long-enured employee asked for day hours and I'm the new guy), my car just broke down, and in a month I have to shell out $550 for my MIP fine. I also was offered a few hours (just 10) to help at an old job, but if I take that I won't be able to withdraw their retirement contributions (ridiculous pay set-up) to help pay for the car or fine. Yikes.

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mmm...toad in the hole for tea

5. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

*looks 'toad in the hole' up* ...aaaaand! I am hungry.:D

6. Silvery

Media:
    You had to look it up? It's lush! Rob makes the best yorkshire puds ever so he always makes it. My yorkies never rise right

7. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Funny. It's usually men who experience this problem :D.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    8People has told me that I am forthright. Probably being polite but to me it has a nice ring as in being honest and saying what I mean. I do care about the feelings of others and try not to say anything that directed at another person that I know would upset or hurt them.

My closest offline friends will tell you that I am not tactful again all I can say is that I would never jbiwubgkt upset someone. A lot times I simply don't say anything but this doesn't always work. They then get upset because I didn't answer the. No-win situation.

A friend on another site tells me I am out-spoken. This is more of negative statement. It says that I step over the bounds of courtesy. Having been raised by a Grandmother who was very strict about politeness I do try to be polite. Please and thank you are built into me. So if I am outspoken I don't intend to be rude or hurt anyone's feelings.

Sometimes I just feel so strongly about something I get carried away. Sometimes I just don't think before I put my foot in my mouth. I usually don't get upset if someone calls me on it and will apologize if I upset someone.

Yes, Granny Rogue did just that had foot in mouth disease and upset someone at a bad time. Trouble is that person came back with a really nasty insult and by the time someone explained to Granny what she had done things had escalated to a point of no constructive discussion. The other person is furious, Granny is angry and there sits the situation.

Granny could apologize but in this particular situation doesn't think it would help. Granny also would like an apology and know she won't get it from this person.

9. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, it's time you know that 'excuse me' is also being polite. Let's just not go into 'excuse me you @&#!*#^' type of sentence.

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:

Is "I beg your pardon, you insensitive piecie of *!2# but you are wrong" acceptable?

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    No, it's "piece" :p

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    What's all this jibber-jabber about? :p

13. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

>Implying anyone knows what Random Babbling Threads are actually about. :D

14. Silvery

Media:
    I'm bored.
    However, I have new boots so that's good

15. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Thigh-high and made of black leather? :D

BTW, got a 50% bonus! The guy for whom I translated his company analysis got promoted and was feeling generous. Life is grand.

16. Silvery

Media:
    No, brown leather ankle boots. I love boots! I've only got three pairs at the moment though, I had a bit of a clear out. Got my black knee highs, these new ones and (my favourite) black and silver nu-rocks with the metal heel. They go really well with my full length leather coat :D

17. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

18. Silvery

Media:
    Yep :D

19. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Now the only thing we need is a huge Bollywood-style fan. You have not got one, perchance? :D

20. Silvery

Media:
    Nope. Sorry babe. Ebay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.