1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates and kids

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Caradhras, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Now that is a nice story: link. :)

Edit: very short post I know but other than saying that it is incredibly cool to behave like this when you're dressed up as a pirate I really don't know what else to say.

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Now, THAT is a star you just have to respect!

Loved the bit about the girl writing Jack Sparrow asking for help staging a mutiny against the teachers! :grin:

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Johnny Depp is an absolute legend. There's an endless list of nice things he's done, which he didn't have to do.

I heard people in America don't like him, as he's quite vocal about his dislike of his home country, and spends all his time in Europe, is that true?

4. Caradhras

Media:
    He's said some things about the US that offended people but he then corrected it by saying that it had been taken out of context and that he loved his country.

I know he's learned French. I saw him act in French in a French movie, Happily Everafter (Ils se marièrent et eurent beaucoup d'enfants), he had a small part but he must be fluent by now (which wasn't the case when he got a "César" back in 1999 -the French equivalent of the Oscars) and that he must spend quite some time in Europe (his wife/partner is a French singer/actress).

I respect him as an actor who didn't make the most obvious choices in his career. He got quite a reputation for playing weirdos but that only made him more successful. I was a big fan of his back in the days when he was only a TV star in 21 Jump Street but his performances in many Burton movies and other movies (like What's Eating Gilbert Grape or Don Juan DeMarco among many others) really impressed me.

The Brave (which he directed) is one of the best movies I've ever seen.

He also paid for Hunter S. Thompson's funeral. That is definitely another example of Depp's generosity.

EDIT: found a link on youtube for the French movie. It's really a small part.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    OK, that was....odd. What was the film about?

Anyway, he seems like a smashing guy

6. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    I find Depp most entertaining, he's not stuck up his own arse like alot of actors

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I don't know much else about Depp, but based on this move I'd say he's a pretty classy guy. I've always enjoyed his acting.

8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    He did a similar thing at a hospital after his kid was treated there.

He seems a really decent guy.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's awesome! It's always nice to see that the rich and famous Hollywood stars come out and do something for us normal folks.

10. Jezgar the Red Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Media:
    I saw it on the news the other day, WOW!!
    My son would like to ask Tony Stark why he hasn't taken on the hulk yet.
    My Favourite Johnny Depp movie...Dead Man.

11. Caradhras

Media:
    Love, life, commitment, relationships, all that stuff. The woman is fantasizing about the stranger played by Depp so it's pretty much a dream sequence. ;)

I like it a lot. The whole Blake thing is just awesome.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.