1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kitthix

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by zaknafein, Oct 1, 2001.

1. zaknafein Guest

[​IMG] does kitthix the spider figureine that calls in the spider to help you does it have charges or did i just loose it in the underdark? and also that bow that doesn't need ammo seems to have disappeared. imoen was useing it and then it stopped working. when i moved it from her weapons slot it disappeared:confused:

2. sorvo Guest

The spider figurine lets you summon a huge spider once per day for five minutes.No charges

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Well, of course it has charges, *one per day*. Maybe (I rarely used it, so I can`t remember - I dislike summoning actually) after use it has moved to your inventory or your bag of holing ?

4. sorvo Guest

I meant charges like rods,staves and wands get!

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

No. It has one charge per day... When you used it, the next day you can use it again. Just like the Horn of Blasting, for example.

6. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

What are we? 4 years old? Everyone knows what Sorvo means :rolleyes:

If your items are gone for good I suggest you to get them back with CluaConsole.

CluaConsole here at SP http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheats.php
    YAY Sorcerer's place!

Short bow a geasen = bow19
    Black spider figurine = misc3e

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited October 01, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Black Spider figurine HAS one charge. It is so in item file. The effect of figurine disappearing is something not related to charges.

8. Skrynkelberg Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Yeah, when you use it it disappears, doesn't it? And then you are supposed to get it back the next day or something, right?

I think the Kitthix figurine is really good. Think of it as an extra Monster Summoning per day - that can be used by anyone in your party. Or? :hmm:

9. Gopher thighs Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

It dissapears from your quick slot once you use it - once per day, and will reappear in your backpack inventory - you need to move it back to the quick slot; that's how it worked with my gang anyway - I gave it (Kitthix you mucky minded bunch) to Viccy as a touch of irony which I'm not sure she appreciated.

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Black Spider Figurine

This black spider figurine fits in the palm of your hand. When the command
    word is spoken the figurine comes to life as a semi-intelligent spider called
    Kitthix. The spider will obey its master's commands for the duration of the
    spell or until slain. After five minutes, regardless of whether the spider
    lived or died, the figurine returns. It takes a day to recharge the
    figurine.

STATISTICS

Special Abilities: Summons a huge spider for five minutes, once each day. The
    spider can Phase during combat. Kitthix can also use it's Web Tangle ability,
    which sprays a stream of webbing at one target. If the target fails its save,
    it will be held by the webbing for 2 rounds. Kitthix's melee attack is
    poisonous.

I sometimes use it in encounters with multiple sepellcaster. Well I dunno perhaps its just a luxury toy.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited October 02, 2001).]

11. Mirkwood Guest

I had the thing disappear on me too once, never found out why.

Kitthix would be more useful if only it would use it's web ability ocassionally. I haven't tried them but maybe the scripts here might improve the stupid thing's AI...
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bwscript

Look in the files section for the gMinion package. If you don't want to install the whole thing just put the spidfgsu.bcs file into override directory.

12. zaknafein Guest

damn i guess i lossed it in the underdark:sosad:

13. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Stop whining and do something about it! :)

Just use the wretched CLUAconsole to get it back, as I mentioned above. It takes one minute and it doesn't bite.. hard.

14. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

after using kittix and it dies, after a while (5 min.) you get a message like: your spider figurine has returned.

anyways kittix is cool :)

15. Shaidar Haran Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If kitthix is killed in battle, it changes back to a figurine that you have to go and pick up off the ground.

16. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

no you don't! :p

it will always return after a certain amount of in-game time, regardless of if it is killed or not.

:D

17. Hayashi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

These "once per day" type items disappear from the quick use slots but if you open the inventory page of the character, you'll see that the item is still there.
    At least, that's my experience.

18. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The nishruu (6 th. level summoning) has the ability to destroy magical items. Perhaps that's the cause of losing the magical equipment...???

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.