1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The things, people and places that annoy the hell out of you

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Runescarred, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Well, that is kinda the point Barmy. Anyone can make a few shots. But to consistently control the ball to leave your opponent in bad shape while leaving yourself in-line to run out is the mark of a good player.

2. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Time for the OP... ;)

- lesbians who despise bisexual girls,
    - people who think (I am using this term loosely) NLP works,
    - the hard-on-the-surface guys who do not realize how easy it is to tell a bitter jerk from a man,
    - people who stare when you are buying lingerie,
    - people who refuse to shut the hell up post coitum,
    - feminists who believe unshaved legs and armpits are signs of independence,
    - the 'all life is sacred' handicapping propaganda,
    - political correctness and the atrocious newspeak it creates,
    - people who decide to speak publicly, yet cannot be bothered to use proper grammar and accentuation.

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Forced tutorials in computer games. Annoys the hell out of me, especially if I am on a second run-through.

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    A woman I know who is on my facebook is so annoying! She always gets 'of' and 'off' confused amongst other things. Plus she makes little sense. Her status the other night was 'Or asif a newborn bbe crys lyk dat' after much confusion I realised she must have been commenting on something that was on the TV and she expected everyone to be watching the same trash she as her (probably Big Brother).
    Took a while but I figured out her rather cryptic statement was actually 'Oh as if a newborn baby cries like that'

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

In a nutshell, stupidity. Someone also mentioned "biblehumpers" and I'd like a little clarification, though it might have to go to MUG!

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I would imagine that 'bible-humpers' are the same as 'bible-bashers'. The people who are religious and so believe that everyone else wants to know it. They also seek refuge in spouting out quotes from the bible and believe that this ends all arguments.

7. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

These three, especially, can be annoying. Then again, standing almost 6 feet and wearing a full beard may attribute to the stares I get while buying lingerie... (Admittedly, the one time I was shopping in a lingerie store, I went with a woman and I spent most of the time admiring the floor).
    Politicians in general fall prey to public speaking idiocy. They also tend to make up words... which would be okay, if they actually acknowledged that the word was, in reality, apocryphal.

As for my own list, not much annoys me. I'm very laid back; 99% of annoyances are easily evaded or ignored. :D (It's too time-consuming for me to be a pessimist)

8. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

^ You need to buy more lingeries. :grin:

9. Rahkir

I'm all for being in touch with my feminine side, but being surrounded by women in a lingerie shop still makes me turn a deep crimson. I'm a stereotypical man: logging, smashing concrete, roofing, easy. Shopping for lingerie, my equivalent of Odysseus' voyage to Ithaca. :D

10. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hahahahahahaha! Poor onlookers. Poor, poor onlookers with mental images that cannot be unseen.

In that case, your best bet would be getting help from a friendly Nausikaa, considering Kalypsos and Kirkes are so tactless these days :D.

11. Muffildy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

annoyances

Closed minded people - whether its science or religion or politics they all lack perspective if they only believe their own dogma.

capitalism

humanity without thought of its consequences

people who are full of themselves or derive their pleasure/pride on the debasement of others.

people incapable of walking a mile in anothers shoes eg a lack of empathy.

lack of anything fun to play lately...sooo bored!

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Another one of my major annoyances that creeps into almost everything I do is a lack of symmetry.
    I almost bought a Scion Xb once, but it's not symmetrical...inside or out...and I couldn't convince myself to buy it. The Nissan Cube makes me want to punch babies. :flaming:
    Also, one of the chicks I dated in high school had asymmetrical Ta-Ta's....seriously, one was about a small 'B' cup, while the other was pushing a 'D' cup. Weird. :mommy:

13. Rahkir

Actually, it's really very normal for women to have asymmetrical breasts. (Though a large difference can be the symptom of a disease; I can't recall the name of it off the top of my head.) It's actually more uncommon to have perfectly symmetrical breasts. I know lots of people who have to have everything perfectly symmetrical or they can't focus, but a woman can't just change the size of her breasts on command.

If she could, men and women around the world would both probably be rejoicing...
    "I'm in the mood for a large B, tonight, hun."
    "Okay, babe, I was jogging earlier so I decided to go with a modest A for the morning."
    :p

14. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Don't give that man ideas. :lol:

15. Silvery

Media:
    Some cyclists drive me insane. I have a bike myself and I know it's not always possible to keep right into the side of the road or whatever but I'm amazed when you see people on dual carriage ways on a bike in rush hour. Or the ones at night who have just a tiny light on their bike but no reflective clothing or safety helmet.
    THe worst ones though are the ones who ride along country roads where the speed limit is 60mph, there's loads of tight bends and twisty corners and these idiots ride 3 or 4 abreast and wonder why people come so close to knocking them over!

16. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

People who bring up my religion, bash it, make comments, or even ask questions, and when I either answer the question or call them on their inaccuracies, they say "don't ram your religion down my throat!" News flash, imbecile: YOU brought it up in the first place, not me!

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Damn Mormons. :p

I just watched a play last Saturday where the main characters were Catholic but the daughter was marrying a "Quaker" (he was really a jew but when the subject came up there was a box of Quaker Oats on the table...). The mother responded with, "At least he's not a jew or a Mormon."

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hey LKD....is it true that you guys have multiple wives? :hmm:

I know, right?!?! :evil:

19. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Another thing that annoys me -- smartass EX Mormons!

Oh, you do realize that the real purpose for polygamy in the 1800s was as a test of patience for the poor bastards who had to deal with more than one complaining, critical, demanding, <w>itchy woman!

Oh, I am going to hell for that one.

Oh, yet another thing that annoys me: complaining, critical, demanding, <w>itchy women!

20. Silvery

Media:
    I resemble that remark!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.