1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

party make ups

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Punkindrublic, Mar 9, 2001.

1. the GRINCH Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

wait, i met him. he tried to sell me something and then got yelled at by some official, then walked away. i was wondering why he had his own portrait. i didnt know he could join your party

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Alright. I get to post this again. One of my favorite topics. This is my absolute favortite party for high level games:

-Fighter Dual Mage
    -Fighter (Berzerker)
    -Ranger
    -Fighter Dual Cleric(Druid)
    -Multi Cleric/Mage
    -Thief Dual Mage

This party is very well rounded. It gives me four fighters, 2 1/2 healers, 3 mages, 1 thief. I find it the best party for me. In low level games, it changes somewhat from the ideal. I'd probably have a multi fighter/cleric(druid) and probably dump the ranger for a multi fighter/thief, allowing me to take a straight mage as opposed to a thief dual mage.

3. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

more Dual Classes.

That is one hell of a party though... so i'll let you off!

i have

Breegar (Fighter)
    Khalid (fighter)
    Minsc
    Jahiera
    Dynaheir (Mage Dual Cleric)
    Nalia

this party rocks! i have a load of tanks, mages, and priests. A perfect party balance, with some of the old chars brought back to life. Fun Fun Fun! :D

4. Seric Exz Guest

[​IMG] Gods, a Khalid revival?
    I suppose his stats were OK, but I'm not sure I could stand that *annoying* voice all over again...

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited March 12, 2001).]

5. Deano99 Gems: 9/31

i have plans to do ALL of the NPCs from BG1 soon once i have completed the rest of the chars for my site. I luv some of the golden oldies... people can carry on with parties they may have had before... okey they lose some character interaction... but it can still be just as fun anywayz!

and Khalid is a wonderful fighter if you give him a Giant Strength girdle or gloves... although his AC isn't the best on the planet. But he can sure as hell use Long Swords.

6. Jefe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Khalid????
    W/O Kiel's helm from BG1 he's completely unreliable. 'Better part of valor...' and the yellow stream running down his leg. A decent fighter if he wouldn't run and has gauntlets of ogre power or some such.

On the topic of dysfunctional parties, it's not violent, but Jan and Minsc are great. Jan keeps trying to get Boo to leave Minsc. You chould see when he succeeds!

7. Silroth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Haer'Dalis Tank(Bard)
    Viconia Tank/Cleric (Chrom)
    Imoen Mage/Thief
    Nalia Mage
    Edwin Mage
    My humble self Mage

Once I had Valigar instead of Haer, but during low levels, he's just lousy with spells :(.

8. Seric Exz Guest

[​IMG] When playing BG1 I actually started wondering if Khalid had "missile attraction" and "amplify damage to self" as hidden innate abilities just to give him an excuse to make that insufferably irritating oh-my-God-I've-been-hit scream of his.

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited March 13, 2001).]

9. Deano99 Gems: 9/31

what does everyone have against Khalid??

i have found him to be a highly important part of my party! I have found him invaluable... and actually did the best part of the damage to Forkragg when i fought and killed him at onbly Lvl 12. He is kool and even with a single longsword he can take on the majority of enemies without problems. And seems as my Char had Charisma 18 already i gave the Charming Ring to Khalid. That stopped his poor Morale status.

I also made Dynahier and dualled her to a Cleric... which may or may not have been a good idea. With the robe of Vecna however she kicks some arse... and this even speeds up her Cleric spells. So i can now have a Combat healer and deal out some exceptionally quick Cure Criticals to my fighters in need. She can also deal out some exceptionally quick Mage spells too... getting rid of a Mages protections then quickly throwing in a plain and simple Chromatic Orb and Stunning the guy to the stop. Wonderful.

:D

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You obviously forgot to include Khalid's cowardliness when you recreated him for BG2.

11. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Another good pairing for dysfunctionality is Valygar and Viconia. I think they were hurling insults within the first few hours.

And what's this, Valygar, not a complete fighter? Give him the Shadow Dragon Scale armour and a pair of nice katanas, I'd wager he could give your best tank a run for his money, at the very least.

More than likely, he'd leave the aforementioned tank with gouges and rents in his armour, hunched over on the ground with all sorts of important looking stuff pouring from his abdomen.

"You've thought this through?"

[This message has been edited by The Wise, The Grey (edited March 14, 2001).]

12. Seric Exz Guest

LOL... eloquently put, o wise one :)

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I just started over again, and haven't finished De'Arnise Hold...But I'm getting hooked on IWD again...But here's my latest party in BG2:

Belisarius: Human Cavalier
    Minsc and Boo - I could never give Minsc the boot! We've been pals ever since the mines!
    Jaheira - She's actually beginning to grow on me!
    Nalia - For De'Arnise hold...Then dumpsville.
    Aerie - She's so cute! Plus I'll need some sortof mage!
    Viconia - 'Cause (say it with me) She's a Hottie!

14. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

YES, Viconia IS a hottie!
    Jaheira's a great party member as well.
    My parties always contained one or both of them.
    Minsc has always been a favourite of mine since BG1.
    Nalia makes a great mage. In fact, she's the 2nd best mage after Edwin.
    3rd place goes to Imoen, another favourite. I rarely use stealth anyway and Imoen has all the detect traps and lockpick I need.
    Keldorn's awesome, especially with Carsomyr. Besides, for a paladin, he isn't such a bad fellow. If only he would keep his hands off Viconia....
    Anomen no matter how powerful he can potentially become, is too annoying to tolerate. I usually leave him lying in the Copper Coronet with a huge katana wound near his sensitive areas. After insulting his accent, of course.
    Jan and Mazzy are solid, but I've rarely found a place for them in my party.
    As for BG1 characters, I miss Dynaheir, Kivan(oh so cool) and Coran. I cut little Adjantis into neat little pieces after he stupidly wanted to know if I was a friend or foe.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.