1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need help with expansions - "no disc in drive"

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Dem`Mak, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Dem`Mak Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Played IWD1 and now its time for the expansion HOW and trial´s of the luremaster...first i tried to play from the full game, kuldahar -> talked to the guy to unlock the expansion, then when im suppose to travelwith the wind to the new destination it tells me to switch disk (the expansion disc) well i do it and nothing happens. i also tried to start the game from the expansion disc and import my party when im about to load the party and start the game a screen will come up that says:

ICEWIND DALE
    NO DISC IN DRIVE
    PLACE DVD
    IN DRIVE

So basically this text comes up, doesnt matter wich cd i have running and doesnt change even if i change disc´s at this point.

So if you now what i can do to fix this please respond :)

Thank you, Dem´Mak // "Touch of Death"

**I crack jaws and swing sword´s of the ancient´s**

2. Mittbro Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I had this problem too, and couldnt play the expansion for about a year, very fustrating!!
    Are you running it through Vista? If so, you may have to run the program as an administrator, go to program file, properties, compatibility tab, then click the 'run as an administrator' tab.
    Good luck

3. Midnight Carnival Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I've got the collection that comes with IWD + Heart of Winter and IWD 2. I hope I don't have the same problem but there is a patch (if I remember correctly) and most PC games, once the patch has been installed, no longer need a disc in the drive at all.

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't know if this will help, but check the file called "icewind.ini" in the Icewind Dale directory.
    Right at the top should be a section called "alias" that looks like this:

Code:
    [Alias]
    HD0:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Icewind Dale\
    CD1:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Icewind Dale\CD1\
    CD2:=D:\CD2\
    CD3:=D:\CD3\
    Whatever it currently says, try changing the line that says CD3:= to match what is shown in my example above, but change the D in D:bad: to whatever the drive letter is for your DVD-Rom.

Unfortunately, I have the CD version, so I'm not sure if the D:bad:CD3 is the same on the DVD. If your DVD is the D drive

If I'm being too confusing because you're not technically inclined, I can ask a few questions and then tailor the instructions to your machine.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.