1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Guild Universe

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Midnight Carnival, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Midnight Carnival Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hey all, this game is on its way to me and I'm wondering what patches I'll need for it. Looks like all four games are patched separably.

Also wondering if the patches actually fix performance problems that reviewers were complaining about.

Reading a few reviews it sounds like an awesome game, especially the second one where you can start off as poor fisherman and rise up as a merchant in sea battles and such.

2. Midnight Carnival Gems: 2/31

Arrived today and it's a pretty friggin' awesome game!

The Guild 2 and expansion work MUCH better on my system than reviewers led me to believe that it would.

3. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

The Guild games certainly are great, unfortunately they are usually plagued by bugs for a long time. I could not even start TG2 for a few months until the first patch came out.

The Guild 2: Venice expansion pack came out sometime ago which is not part of the Universe package. Unless they have updated it after I bought a copy. I have not played it yet, but it is more of TG2 fun.

4. Midnight Carnival Gems: 2/31

Yeah, man. I still haven't gotten back to it yet as I got Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition, Civ IV Colonization, Age of Wonders 2 and Farm Frenzy 3 all within the same week so I've been busy giving each a go to see what I'm going to try and get through first.

But I love that the tutorial for Guild 2 is all voiced. Despite the bugs that the initial release had you can see where the developers definitely struggled to put a lot of time and effort into the game. The 'Universe' edition fixed those initial bugs and the patch for Universe is meant to correct any slow down or crashing issues.

The recommended requirements were higher than what my computer can handle (I'm a bit above minimum requirements) but even so the tutorials have been running quite well on my system without any issues yet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.