1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 113

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You're a sick old man. :p

I made dinner tonight...beef stew (made with a roast in a crock pot for 12 hours) and since there's no one here to mooch ATM, it's all mine! :yum:

In other news, I'm reinstalling Windows on my cousin's laptop because the idiot fell for one of those 'Your PC is screwed! Click here to f**k yourself over!' pop-up ads that look like a real windows message. :doh: Now he's got the good ol' Antivir Solutions Pro on his computer. This bugger is damn hard to remove...it even screwed up Safe Mode so I couldn't remove it manually. :flaming:

Oh well, losing all their files they decided to never backup will be a good lesson for them... :evil:

2. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Woo, Discworld print arrived today! I'll have to get a picture up for you guys :)

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Spam!

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Concrete?!

(I assume we're playing the "Random Word Game". :D)

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I really must be stupid. When mum and I set up our business it was mutually agreed that I would take care of design work, sorting out the web side of things and the general day to stuff. Mum was going to deal with supplies and finance and marketing would be done together.
    I, stupidly, thought that this meant that while I've been sat behind a computer for hours end mum would ACTUALLY deal with the finance side of things....until today:
    'Mum, where are our bank statements? I just want to check how much we spent for an order last year'
    'Not sure. They'll be in the office somewhere'
    'Well, you'll need to find them soon, it's coming up to tax return time'
    'I don't do the tax return'
    'Who does?'
    'We don't have to pay tax'
    'Mum....please tell me that you have filled in returns for the past 3 years and you're just kidding'
    'Why would I do that? I just do the finance things, I thought you'd sort that out'

We're screwed

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    'We don't have to pay tax'

^famous last words...

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I had fun TRYING to get the council to accept my money...

As long as they don't fine me for chronic stupidity.

Conversation pretty much went
    "My boyfriend has moved in with me so I need to find out how this affects my council tax. *gives address*"
    "You're a student, you don't pay council tax."
    "My partner isn't a student though."
    "Then why did you say you were a student?"
    "... because I am. I've lived here - on my own - as a student, now my non-student partner is moving in with me."
    "So you're not a student anymore, okay, I'll update the system."
    "I am still a student. The household has one student and one other adult residing here."
    "I don't follow"
    ... You don't say...

At least it didn't go like the circular conversation I had yesterday with a nurse who full on SHOUTED at me.
    "Can you come down for an appointment this afternoon?"
    "No I can't make today, ca-"
    "Then what do you expect me to do?"
    "... I just phoned to book an appointment with a doctor."
    "THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO WON'T COME DOWN."

I didn't even ASK for a phone appointment with a nurse. The secretary obviously thought it was in my best interest when asking for an appointment during the week to discuss long term conditions, repeat prescriptions and to have something looked at. :rolleyes:

9. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I had a Russian blue. Nice cat.

So I asked at the bank to change the account type to one with a starter credit-card.

Letting the old bankcard to expire was no problem.

To sent me new card is.

I hope you survive the tax-person Silvery. The horror.

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I really could slap my mother at times. I don't know why I'm suprised though. Her idea of 'looking after' the finance is to pay everything on her personal credit card and then stick a few cash orders in her purse. I'm getting out while the getting's good!

11. Kitrax

Media:
    I take it that no one ever sat down and outlined exactly what each person was expected to do within the company? :hmm:
    This is the classic case of why I dislike family run business. There are too many things that can go wrong, and you don't want to burn bridges or bring legal action against family members. :bad:

In other family related news, I've got Vista reinstalled on my cousin's laptop, but I'm not doing anything else to it until he makes a decision on my recommendations. [​IMG]

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Is this, you're not doing any more until he agrees with you? ;)

13. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]

The Discworld print, taken on my phone camera

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    It is somewhat disturbing, but my Logitech G15 keyboard has started to show me the RSS news feed on its LCD screen, without me having ordered it to do so ...

15. Taluntain

Media:
    CJ, cool, who's it by? I don't think I've seen that version before...

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The rewards of the last weeks of hard work have arrived... except for Friday, I pretty much have the rest of the week and the next week off. Expect a fog of never seen before intensity.

17. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Might get to see Aurora Borealis tonight, for the first time in my life (given the latitude I'm rather excited). :)

18. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Josh Kirby, same guy that does the cover art of the books. I'll get a close-up of Rincewind at some point.

Edit: Spelling.

19. Kitrax

Media:
    Yeah, pretty much. :evil:

I basically told him that I'm only supporting Win7 based computers from now on...and he better shell out some cash for something better than AVG. :pope:

At least I've got a Cash Cab marathon top help ease the dullness. :rolleyes:

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @CJ, wasn't Kirby also the guy who did the posters for the original Star Wars movies? Too bad he croaked, his cover of Equal Rites was stunning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.