1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who are your favourite 3 NPC's?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Neeraj the Freak Paladin, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Pleasing is good... :D

On the other hand. She would never be the kind of woman who would let a man dominate her in bed. Meaning she wouldn't be passive but very active.
    She wouldn't just lay down and have you please her, she would take control of you and.......

And maybe she only wants to please herself. In that case [CHARNAME] can just overpower her with his Bhaalpowers :D

2. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Very insightful Arutha. I'm not sure if I looked at it like that in that much depth.

I even heard that Viccy would even change alignments to Good later on in the game if you make her feel special enough.

I beleive Korgan does too if you have him and Mazzy (who is basically a female paladin-only thing stopping her is her hobbitness-but Shadowkeeper changes things! :D )in the party together long enough.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Is that true Neeraj? On both accounts.

Can anyone confirm this? That would be interesting.

4. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

without any mods ->
    viconia
    haerdalis
    edwin

with mods ->
    imoen
    tashia
    cernd

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Spoiler:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    You can only change Viconia's alignment to True Neutral if you're a goody-goody wimp. This only applies later, though. Later as in not within SOA.

6. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] My mistake....True Neutral...thanks Shura

7. The Netherlord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I would have to choose:
    Edwin, he is both hilarious and powerful. Definitely the best npc.

Minsc also hilarious but not very strong (COMPARED to korgan or later sarevok)

Korgan is also pretty funny and quite strong.

8. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Favourite:

* Jan Jansen: always by my side. That little fella' just owns - one of the funniest NPCs ever! :)

* Edwin: you gotta love his comments and view on life. Gets even funnier with the *minor spoiler* Nether Scroll.

* Korgan: preferably with Aerie...gotta love his comments about her :evil: .

Best NPC:

* Korgan: give him +++ in Two Weapon Fighting, +++++ in Axe, give him something nice to wear and you get the true meaning of the word "Tank". Best
    fighter imo.

* Edwin, spellcaster with immense power. Can become close to unbeatable. Gets alot(!) of spellslots from his neclace + beeing a Conjurer.

* Viconia, well a cleric is all that's missing in the list. Half-descent until you reach lvl 7 spells, then über-powered. You could use Anomen instead if you're in need of a more fighter-like NPC in your party, though nothing beats Viconia in the end imo.

9. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31

My favourites:

Edwin - Sometimes makes me sick when playing mage myself. He is better than me. :mad: But he's hilarious.

Keldorn - What can you say.. Two handed sword, true sight and dispel magic.

This one's hard.. I think it would be Boo.. I mean Minsc.

10. Terelya Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Haer´Dalis: Funny, I especially like the banter between him and Anomen.

Anomen: He can be a little arrogant but he gets better later. At least during the romance.

Aerie: She is kind and brave. I never found her to be that whiny considering what she has lost.

11. GI Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Aerie
    Keldorn
    Imoen

12. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Edwin - best spellcaster

Korgan - best fighter

Aerie - best romance :D

13. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I would put it like this, if I could:
    Minsc
    Minsc
    Minsc
    (I have a pet hamster myself) and you can make a real tank out of him very early in the game - I am at the beginning of chapter 3 right now and he does 70% of killing in my party, and he gets even better later, I think only Sarevok is better than him asa fighter.
    But as I have to put 3 characters, then
    Minsc
    Yoshimo (he is funny, especially when teasing Anomen, and a good thief, too bad you cannot bring him in the ToB).
    Mazzy - good fighter.
    I aslways rely heavily on fighters rather than on mages, therefore my choice.

14. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Depends if they are good-evil oriented:
    Good:
    Minsc:He's simply the POWER of the Simple mind and the sharp Vorpal Sword.
    Keldorn: My Last-chance Magic Dispeller with his Carsomyr-hit-anything-in-the-world-and-probably-kill-it. He's the h*** of a tank when you give him a girdle of Giant Strenght.
    Aerie-My defensive Cleric-Mage, half paramedic, half fire support.Also the "Fighter's Rest" when the night falls in the Woods of Tethyr :D
    Evil: (I haven`t played them all, I rely on their class and abilitie's potential)
    Korgan-Your Kaos-Kaos dwarf combat type. Tough as a rock and with enough hitting power to beat anything nine ways from sunday. Probably the best tank in the game.
    Viconia-Need protection?Need Healing?Need demon summoning?Need sex? Vicky has it all! just call 555-DROW
    Edwin-This guy is such a spell-boasting weakling with a bad attitude that prevented me to take him for more than the time needed to test his abilities. I carry Haer'dalis and myself as a mage instead. But potentially he could take Irenicus alone if he wasn't so magic-protected.

15. Kyrie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I fight to get through a game without Anomen in it. In games that I don't include him, I don't walk into the Copper Coronet because I couldn't bear to turn him down!

Aerie! Best spellslinger (in my opinion), and she's so sweet and kind, if a bit naive. Reminds me of my little sister, actually.

Keldorn! Great tank, and no hamster.

16. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31

What's wrong with the hamster?

17. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Minsc : Awesome and highly versatile warrior. He can do everything. Dual weilding, Two handed weapons or getting the maximum out of a LongBow, he can do everything alone. And then there is his attitude and his Hamster.

Jan Jensen: THE funniest charecter in the whole game. Once you get past his annoying yelps, he wins you.

Keldron : Awesome and highly overpowered warrior. And he can use the best weapon in the game.

OR

Korgan : Badassed warrior who instantly makes his presence felt in any party. Too bad he leaves when my Rep hits 18-19.

18. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31

1) Anomen - such a sweetie when he falls in love and become a knight! ^^

2) Keldorn - so storing with holy avenger

3) I'd say Jaheira - its fun travelling with her

19. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

1. Keldorn-My right hand guy. There is no one in the game that I feel more comfterable at my side when I'm going in hard to slaughter some demons, drow or evil mages. Give him that one sword and the whole tide changes. All of a sudden your in command.

2. Aerie-Sure she starts out whiny and gets a little annoying. But after a little sweet talk and a shared night you have yourself your prototype 19 year old babe. With some wicked power to develop.

3. Imoen-After seeming a little weak and a little useless you soon find your little sister is grown into a women that can pack a decent punch. Towards then end of ToB she's got some wicked powers, and isn't afraid to step up.

20. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Jaheira
    -She can stay on the field far longer than any other fighter, and her spells are very useful all throughout the game.

Edwin
    -Funny dialogue, immense magical capability. Where magic is effective, he can pretty much take care of everything.

Haer Dalis
    -When things look bleak, the party savior. I always take him along when I powergame or play on above-harcore difficulties/mods.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.