1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your favourite BGII quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Runescarred, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

2. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I think...maybe the De`Arnise keep quest...Classic heroic quest, I guess.

3. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I like the Unseeing Eye quest, myself. The whole story has a bunch of twists and turns. There are alot of different enemies and terrible traps. I feel the rewards and items you get throughout the quest are worth the trouble (except for the reward from the Church of Helm, that's crap!)

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I like the Limited Wish quest. What's not to like? You've got druids, rakshasas, artifacts covered in dung and great dialogues.

I wish for an adventure like none I've ever experienced before... Now that is catchy.

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I think the Shade Lord quest is my favourite.

6. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I like this one best, too. Had the most hilarious journal entries ever. One could tell that the author of the notes was one frustrated Bhaalspawn :D.

7. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I think the quest is called The Trapped Guardians, the one after the Unseeing eye quest where the people serve a long left god. It withholds them from passing on. Nice little quest, with a nice story and lots of beholderkin :D

8. Sparky The Barbarian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Rescuing Imoen. All the other quests are side quests to that end. I remember the first time playing through, when I didn't know if I would ever get her back in the party. I actually missed a CRPG character. That had never happened before.

A close second is probably Jaheira's Baron Ployer quest. Khalid and Jaheira saved my butt numerous times in my first couple of BG play throughs and I finally got to return the favor. This ties in nicely with both the CC Slavers quest and Jaheira romance / harper quest.

The DeArnise quest is third. Nothing like storming the castle and saving the rich beautiful heiress.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Not really a quest... but my infuriated state when I first encountered Shank and Carbos fighting over some broad in the Bridge District.

Why so annoyed?

They're the two assassins from Candlekeep that nearly killed me every time! :lol:

10. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Yeah, when I said Unseeing Eye quest, I meant both quests because I do them all as one big quest.

11. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    Me too, but in some way I find the Unseeying Eye quest getting a bit boring while I keep liking the Trapped Guardians quest. I don't know, must be me :D

12. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I liked Trademeet for some reasone. It's so detached from the whole story yet still rich.

I also liked Unseeing eye chain. Jaheira and her Harpers felt a tad too fetch-ish for me.

I actually disliked DeArnise quest.. partly because of Nalia herself. Similar with Imoen, the whiny moaner that she is.

Not exactly a quest, but i loved temple sewers bandit party and most similar encounters like it.

13. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I loved the Anarg, Anti-Paladin quest. Justice shall prevail.

14. underthewronghat Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

[​IMG] I'm not finished yet, but so far, I agree with those who said the D'arnise Hold. I picked up the habit of naming my character something silly, so this go-round, I named him "What Smells."

So the game tells you things like,
    "What Smells, this must be the work of a wizard..."
    "I just want to get out of here, What Smells..."

But after liberating the D'arnise Hold with my Fighter, to get the stronghold, I got thanks a plenty ending with the quote, "I hereby dub thee --Lord What Smells..." :lol:

15. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

I think I like Tradesmeet the best; you don't have to play it to appreciate the rest of the game but it has such a good atmosphere and feels like you're playing through a little tabletop adventure. The statues you get are really cool too. ^.^

Close second would be the shadow lord, it seems a bit slow on playthroughs subsequent to my first, but the first time I played through it, it was really fun. It stuck in my mind and was quite fun. :D The town was really cute, and I remember finding that certain powerful magical scroll in the dungeon, it was an exciting adventure!

16. knjiga Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The thieves guild quest where you work for Renal on exposing Mae'Vars betrayal. In general, I really liked all quests/scenes that involved thieves. The feel and atmosphere was so great.

Explain your intent, and make it good. :cool:

17. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Slave quest in the Copper Coronet, but only when playing as an evil PC. Nothing like slaughtering the innocents and watching that dwarf grovel and get mauled by the Troll in the pits... good stuff!:D

18. guywiththehair Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I also really liked the Trademeet questline. It was like it was added to give your character a good old town-hero story on the way towards the main epic personal struggle you go through.

19. Darius Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I would say my favorite quest is the planar sphere.

20. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Circus Tent. Especially when I play with a thief with good detect illusions skill or an inquisitor. The shadows aren't hard to kill but it's funnier to destroy them with true sight or a similar ability.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.