1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your strange hobbies

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by finnmacroth, Jul 20, 2010.

1. finnmacroth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ok, besides the role playing does anyone have any strange hobbies? whats the weirdest thing you have got up to on a regular basis

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Warhammer, Writing, Photoshop, Reading in small portions, LARP, Singing that probably annoys the neighbours and mocking the disabled.

3. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    Playing and teaching trumpet, cornet and flugelhorn. Collecting NES, Gameboy and SNES games. Traveling :)

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hee hee, Flugelhorn

(I may have watched too much Blackadder...)

5. Drugar

Media:
    I get the feeling maybe it's a good thing I don't have that refference :D

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Let's see here...
    • Photography - I enjoy shooting sunset/landscapes (check out my SP albums) and nude-art the best. :D
    • Guns - The only thing better than taking photos of hot, naked chicks, is playing with guns! :bigeyes:
    • Computers - I build them, I fix them, I tweak them, I mod them, and I overclock the heel out of them for other people, and myself.
    • Cars - I enjoy making my daily driver (2003 Honda Accord) look and sound normal enough to the untrained eye, until I hit the gas. :love:
    • Designing/making electronic circuits - I've got my degree in Electronics Engineering....what do you expect? :p
    • Traveling - I'm actually on vacation in NYC right now (I'm only wasting time on the BoM because it's raining, and I'm enjoying a tasty cocktail in my hotel’s bar.)

Those aren't very strange to me....but whatever...

7. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

:confused: Since when is collecting NES and SNES games a "strange" hobby? Now, Game Boy games on the other hand, well, that is a little strange.

8. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I will be laconic: bodhran, knife, sword&shield, quill. Well. The last one is not truly strange, but still... ;)

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    EVERYONE in my family thought painting other people's teonails was a strange hobby! But I got the last laugh when everyone's nails were perfectly manicured with wonderful complimentary colors for the family reunion photo!!!

HA!

HA! HA!

Ha-ha-hee-hee-hoo-hoo ... they're coming to take me AWAAAAYYY.....

Taluntain likes this.
  10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Nintendo is overrated. Sega FTW.

Same hobby, except I collect Master System, Genesis/32X/SegaCD, Saturn and Dreamcast games.

Master System came preloaded with two games and worked with no cartridge inserted, the Genesis is a TIMELESS MASTERPIECE, the 32X might have worked has it been released as the Neptune standalone console instead of being a Genesis add-on, the SegaCD was ahead of it's time, the Saturn sounded AWESOME on a good sound system, the Dreamcast was victim of bad timing but was an EXCELLENT console, ahead of it's time.

11. finnmacroth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have amiga consoles that I very occasionally dig out, fave game was elite - frontiers, also loved red baron.

12. Disciple of The Watch

I also own an Atari 2600 and a ColecoVision. I got both consoles for ridiculously cheap, the Atari came with ~6 games, the Coleco came packed with 10 games and 4 controllers.

I played Pepper 2, Ladybug, Grog's Revenge and Grog's Revenge Quest For Tires on an especially foggy evening with a couple of friends, and it was awesome. There's nothing like 4 giggling morons flying first-class Air Durban playing those old games, and having a blast doing so. Master System/Genesis/2600 controllers ALL work on a Coleco, though you still need at least one functional Coleco controller as you interface with the game. Switch away, and none will be the wiser, and it plays so much better than the stiff "joystick" on a Coleco controller. It's basically a huge puck of plastic on a D-PAD. It sucks.

I've heard of Amiga consoles before, but never had the chance to actually get my hands on one. I'm starting to be able to afford going on a hunt for some more classic additions. If by some luck I happen to find an Amiga, I'll check it out, and I'd be THRILLED to get a Vectrex. Vector graphics are AWESOME.

13. Drugar

Media:
    Mwah, that's your opinion ;)

For me, the old Nintendo consoles and games, especially the NES and Gameboy, have great sentimental value. As does the Commodore64 bye the way, but haven't bought my own yet ;)

Currently playing Faxanadu for the NES. Nice RPG for the time ('88)!

I do agree with you on that.

Amen! Another World FTW!!!!

Maybe it's not a strange hobby for the people here (as is playing musical instruments for that matter), but for many narrow minded people in this world it's considered strange. I don't care either way.

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Weird hobbies? Does delving into occult poo count?

Umm, you know, chaos magick, mindgames...umm making predictions of the immediate future (d'uh, everybody does that). :rolleyes:

Mind you, there's no such thing as supernatural...

Could count as a hobby, not taking it too seriously though...

15. Drugar

Media:
    That depends on how big the pile is :D :p

Just kidding.

16. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    "RP is not weird!" *one of the voices shouts out as the rest mumble and argue amongst themselves. Short silence ensues, punctuated by faint screams and hammer strikes.*

"We are all in agreement. 'Tis not." *the choir of voices intones*

Ahem.

Guilty of RP. Borderline addicted. (It's a broad border :p)

Strange is a matter of perspective I guess. Most my hobbies are relatively dull and harmless.

17. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I collect dismembered heads... wait did I say that? No, I meant watermelons.. yeah... watermelons....

But really, I collect movies. I have well over 500 from 44 different countries. I used to tape a lot of films playing on TV. But I also buy a lot of DVDs, and I almost never buy them full price. I'm like a little kid when I see a videostore and I run to the previewed section. :D

P.S: Sega rules. I used to play like crazy at NHL 93 and 94.

18. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Five years ago, I was sure 'dismembered' means 'forgotten'. And. To justify my off - topic: cultural studies. The hobby itself is not really strange, but I have been told that spending the whole night with a handsome lad, doing nothing else but arguing about the axiological/ethical value of human sacrifices in different societies is a different matter entirely. :D

19. Disciple of The Watch

The Genesis had many a classic to offer. D&D Warriors of The Eternal Sun (check this one out, a good ol' RPG), Phantasy Star II-IV, Altered Beast, Shinobi, Sonic, Decapattack (One on the weird side), Battletoads (not Sega exclusive, I know, but I prefer the Genesis version of those games), Beyond Oasis (AWESOME, just AWESOME), Blades of Vengeance (fun hack & slash), Cadash, Castlevania Bloodlines, COLUMS (The most awesome puzzle game ever made in this book), Cyborg Justice... I could go on and name a whole lot of the Genesis games I enjoy.

OTOH, there are bad games too. A friend of mine brought one of the Ecco games -- he didn't know what it was -- and this game SUCKS. Really, a friggin dolphin? Even triple-toppings pizza wasn't enough to make this game even remotly having the smallest hint of a chance of on it's best dreaming of being playable.

It SUCKS. Everytime I happen to stumble on one of those worthless games at my favorite vintage gaming spot, it makes me want to beat the unholy living hell out of the bastard. And I'm talking about the dolphin.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.