1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Light and Heavy Chain in DAO

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Munchkin Blender, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

What is the best light armor in DAO?

The best light armor is the Felon Coat. This armor can ONLY be purchased after completing Redcliff and 2 of the treaties; however, if Wade fashions a 2nd set of armor than this armor will not be available.

Name: Felon’s Coat
    Where: Wade’s Shop
    Value 88g 95s 25c
    Material: Drakeskin
    Requires: 20 Strength
    Defense: +9
    Armor: 9.00
    Fatigue: 2.30%
    Effects: +6 Dexterity, +4 Armor, +1 Stamina Regen in Combat, +15 Physical Resistance

This is the best light armor because when combined with Wade’s Superior Drakescale boots and gloves it receive the armor set bonus from Wade’s Supeiro Drakescale.

What is the best heavy chain armor?

The best heavy chain armor is the Evon the Great’s Mail. This armor can ONLY be purchased after completing Redcliff and 2 of the treaties; however, if Wade fashions a 2nd set of armor than this armor will not be available.

Name: Evon the Great's Mail
    Type: Heavy Armor
    Value: 107g 64s
    Material: Dragonbone
    Requires: 38 Strength
    Armor: 15.63
    Fatigue: 18.20
    Effects: +2 Health Regen in Combat, +6 Armor, +10% Chance to Dodge Attacks, +2 Stamina Regen in Combat, Chance to Avoid Missile Attacks

This is the best heavy chain because when combined with Wade’s Superior Dragonbone Scale armor boots and gloves it receive the armor set bonus from Wade’s Superior Dragonbone Scale armor set.

2. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    The problem with Wade's sets is that all of them come with gloves and boots. The gloves (damage boosters) are an issue for damagers, the boots (misc bonuses) are an issue for warriors.

That means few rogues would use that first set, archers perhaps. A light armor mage might also dabble in such a set. The second set is a favorite among Arcane Warriors, it basically turns them into armored casters.

Felon's Coat/Evon the Great's Mail are the best light/heavy armor pieces though, no doubt about that.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I got the Felon's Coat for both of my rogue characters. Great armor. I didn't know you could get the armor set bonuses though; I'll have to see what boots and gloves I did use and compare. :)

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Actually the Dex, bonus to defense, stamina regen, increase in phsyical resistance, and bonus to AC all make the leather armor a fantastic set of ligh armor for a rogue. To boot, when combined with the superior wade drakscale gloves and boots the character would receive an additional +5 in defense and the armor when full equipped provides a negative value to fatigue which would give the rogue the ability to use more talents. Not a bad set of armor at all for a dual wielding rogue or even a archer.

The same is true for the heavy chain for warriors.

5. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Yeah I agreed about the best armors part. I was thinking about having to replace +critical/backstab damage gloves, or some other nice pair of boots. Its what's making me think twice about acknowledging them as the best light/heavy sets. They're a strong contender yeah, but I wouldn't call them the best just yet.

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

The armor is consider studded leather; I wonder if you would receive the standard studded leather bonus when combined with a studded leather gloves and studded leather boots.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.