1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

No Bodhi bug

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by pplr, Jun 25, 2010.

1. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I was hoping someone would have a guess as to why Bodhi isn't appearing at the graveyard in my most recent run through.

I have already gone through the top couple of levels of the Tower (beat the Chromatic Demon already). I want to grab the Purifier sword-why I am there.

I get there, and even without getting it, I find Bodhi will not appear afterwards.

If I go to a save just before go there I'm ok, afterwards.... no.

I don't see why there is a difference as I've already fought through part of the tower. Also the same unfinished quests are still in the same status before I leave as when I return. Thus I don't know what is setting it off but there is some glitch or bug that is making Bodhi not appear in the graveyard.

Thanks for any info.

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Did you go there at night?

EDIT: Never mind. I read your post too quickly. Well, you could use the console to get her to show up.

3. pplr Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Yes, and I also went to the graveyard and slept till it became night.

What type of text file is the .ini in?

I was able to modify it and put it in debug mode with my older computer but I don't have some of the same text programs on this one as I did then. If I modify it and save it then it seems to save the file (keeping its correct name) in as a different type of document file than what the game reads.

4. Caradhras

Media:
    It's not a text file (.txt) you have to save it as an .ini file, the notepad should do the trick.

5. pplr Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Unfortunately I don't have notepad.

6. Caradhras

Media:
    You probably don't have it but Wordpad should work. Are you using a Mac? You could try downloading notepad from Microsoft just to edit the .ini to enable the console.

I don't have BG2 installed right now on my computer but if you can't save the .ini just sent it to me or upload it somewhere and I'll edit it for you and send it back to you, or upload it.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Any no-graphic text editor should do, Wordpad in the right mode, ConTEXT, Crimson, Notepad2, there are a lot of free ones usually with highlighting capabilities for assisting with coding. Things like Word and other word processors usually put junk in the file when you try and save it, without asking nicely either, so if you can find a free plain editor it can be helpful for a variety of things, changing debug settings for one ;)

Also be aware depending on operating system you may have to check compatability files and make the same changes in THAT document instead, or as well as, the file you see in the normal view.

8. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Not to mention that you should back up the files you edit beforehand.
    Crimson editor is no longer being developed and has been superceded by Emerald editor, but still does the job well enough for simple text editing, and can be used without an installation. As 8p mentioned, there's a lot of free editors you could use, though it depends on your operating system. Personally, I use either Crimson editor or Notepad++.

9. pplr Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Thanks for the advice one and all.

I'll probably be adding another text program to what I already have in the near future.

The only thing I feel bad about is that I figured this would be a no debug cheats run. Sure I'll take advantage of the mistakes the computer makes but other than that..... ah well. Will make do.

PS 2 totally non-related things. I realized that I may be able to leave a party member inside one of the levels I have already cleared in Watcher's Keep and then pick him or her back up in ToB. I hadn't thought of doing this already but I would prefer it for some party members in case I want them back and I don't care for their ToB versions (WP slots where I wouldn't put them and so on). Oddly enough a different glitch made 2 copies of a mod NPC appear.... maybe not a glitch as they are 2 different levels but its interesting to have clones of this particular NPC in a party-this NPC's class doesn't work with other methods of cheating to clone party members.

Thanks again.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It's probably because the SoA script for spawning them doesn't check for Watchers' Keep :D

And there is a difference between cheating and ensuring the game runs smoothly, sometimes a script is interrupted and doesn't finish so manually triggering it or completing what was meant to occur is simply on the fly patching for a crude term.

11. pplr Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Thanks for all the help, added Debug Mode=1 and Cheats=1 successfully and.... it still doesn't work.

Did a patch or mod I added put a halt to any of that I wonder.

Ah well, thanks anyway.

12. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Check compatability files. You'll probably need to edit the one there too.

13. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Up Yours, Bill Gates

[​IMG]
    Ah, "compatibility files" -- Microsoft's little middle finger to the Vista user.... :mad:

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Also a pathway to pranking your friends by moving half their save games :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.