1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Play as Half orc?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Camronas, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Camronas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey everyone, I wanted to play through Baldure's gate again but im not to interested in the old races, is there a mod that lets you play as a half/full orc? If not is there a mod that lets you play as any new races?

2. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Just One Way

Any version of BG1Tutu (BG1 in BG2 engine) will let you play as a half-orc, but in addition to the mod you must of course have both BG1 and BG2 installed. Otherwise, nope, sorry, there's nothing -- unless you can make the mod yourself, of course.... ;)

3. Camronas Gems: 1/31

So I NEED Baldur's Gate 2 in order for this to work is what your saying?

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sharp.

5. Camronas Gems: 1/31

Only asking casue I dont intend to bring that character into BG2 but oh well better start re-installing it then

6. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31

I'm curious as to why you thought that would make any difference?

7. Camronas Gems: 1/31

Well I never even heard of Tutu mod before then so I didnt know it used the BG2 engine I thought it was just a basic mod. Most people who play baldur's gate play both 1 and 2 so I thought you were inplying that I would import my character from 1 into 2. But now that I read the mod I see why I needed both.
    Hope that makes sence

8. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Check Easy Tutu rather than regular Tutu as it is easier to install (hence the name of the mod). ;)

9. Camronas Gems: 1/31

Ok well Iv just installed Baldur's gate 2 and the mod, the mod loads, but when I click start new the game has an error. And it happens everytime at the same spot, iv uninstalled reinstalled about 3 times with the same result. Any ideas?

10. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31

RTFM

Which was why I specifically said "but in addition to the mod you must of course have both BG1 and BG2 installed."

Given that you've also already posted that you're having problems with installing Tutu, may I suggest that you go back to the readmes, and make sure you read them very carefully. It will save you a lot of time posting, waiting for a reply, then reposting again when that suggestion doesn't work.

A shot in the dark: did you make sure to do a FULL manual install of BOTH BG1 AND BG2? I only mention it because it's one of the two most common mistakes people make with any version of Tutu.

11. Caradhras

Media:
    You need to have both games installed like Buck says. Easy Tutu shouldn't pose any problem if you just follow the instructions. ;)

12. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, given that we are now talking about tutu, I'm moving this to the TOB forum.

13. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31

Are you sure you want to do that? True, the answer involves BG2, but the original question was about playing as a half-orc or other races in BG1.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes, but the conversation itself is pretty much on Tutu from the first response. If other race altering mods were mentioned (which I don't believe exist for BG1 on its own without tutu or trilogy) then it would be a useful resource.

As it is the topic is more explaining tutu installation ;)

15. Camronas Gems: 1/31

Yeah Iv done the full install, but its ok iv already found out what the issue was. Casue im using vista "Bad I know" program files doesnt like working with diffrent things so I had to but the files somehwere else "desktop in this case" then it worked fine. But thanks to everyone, really enjoying this mod has brought new life into this game :)

16. Caradhras

Media:
    Good to know you've sorted it out. Have a nice game Camronas! ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.