1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kangaxx

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Rekesalat, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Rekesalat Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Did anyone manage to kill this guy without becoming "slayer"? The way I did it was killing his first form normally then transforming into slayer and then kill him. I know I'm lawful good, but this great evil HAD to be killed forever!

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh yes, it is possible using +4/ +5 weapons (my favourite - but I fear I´m the only exponent - is flamethounge), a lot of countermagic and magicprotection.

This has been subject for a lot of prevoius posts, just read "What can kill that asshole..."

3. cirrostratus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hei Rekesalat, Du er fra Norge, ikke sant?

The best thing to do in order to kill him is to protect yourself from his 9th level magic.
    Use a protection from magic scroll. Use a +5 weapon to slay him. If you are a paladin use Carsomyr +5 a two-handed sword you can get from Firkraag. 7-10 hits and he`s dead.

4. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Urgh! Shrimp salad... Where's a puke smiley when you need one? No offence intended.

[This message has been edited by Thaumas (edited February 03, 2001).]

5. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I may be the only guy here playing the game on the hardest difficulty, but surly someone knows how to bypass his rapid-fire imprisionment. Ive been told im the only one that has had this problem... but that cant possibly be true. (dont suggest lowering the diffculty, because im not gunna).

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Magic Protection, Abjuration Immunity, Berzerker Rage, and/or Slayer Ability doesn't work for you? How did you kill him on the easier difficulty?

7. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

quite easily, i only did it once and i was a 18 level mage... the other games it was just to far out of the way to bother. (plus i could prolly beat the game at level 15) so i never needed the exp.

8. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I slapped a Ruby ray on him, and immediately started pelting him with missiles while the tanks moved in. When he pulled up his iron/ston skin, Imoen and her 3 arrows per round, and my monk and his 3 attacks per round, knocked out the Lich in a hurry. If youy can start laying some pain on the DemiLich right away, he doesn't seem to have time to get off an uninterupted TimeStop.

After that, it's all over.

(One other time I sent up a bunch of summoned critters at him. He TimeStopped and attacked them, leaving himself open for all us healthy folks.)

9. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

I nailed him in 7 hits with minsc zerker rage this time around.. his loot is kinda lame for the trouble, now i remember why i only did it once and never bothered to come back, That ring will only come in use for 1 fight, and thats vs bohdi. But with an undead hunter it dont matter much.

10. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

not that i do any fights for the loot, but hes not worth he trouble... he should give double the exp...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.