1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with item

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Siegfried, May 5, 2010.

1. Siegfried Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello,

So I'm going through Firkraag's crib and beat the living hell out of Tazok.

He drops a weird item (TH sword) that I ID right away. I have no clue from which mod this is (I figure it's between DoS or Quest pack) and all the damn info on the sword I get is that it's an ancient TH sword, too old to get any specs.

W...T...F. :mad:

I checked out various forums to see if any of them had the specs but to no avail.

Help?

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Listing the mods you have installed might help. It sounds like a plot item, perhaps you have Kiven?

3. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

can you use the sword? maybe you can se the specs with gatekeeper, otherwise the infinity edit tools might help?

as T2 said, looks like a plot item

4. Siegfried Gems: 1/31

[setup-crossmodbg2.exe]
    [Setup-Yasraena.exe]
    [setup-xulaye.exe]
    [Setup-Xan.exe]
    [Setup-Valen.exe]
    [Setup-TyrisFlare.exe]
    [Setup-TOD.exe]
    [Setup-Tashia.exe]
    [SETUP-Star.exe]
    [Setup-Solaufein.exe]
    [Setup-Saerileth.exe]
    [setup-ninde.exe]
    [Setup-Nathaniel.exe]
    [Setup-LongerRoad.exe]
    [Setup-Kim.exe]
    [Setup-KelseyTOB.exe]
    [Setup-Kelsey.exe]
    [Setup-ItemUpgrade.exe]
    [Setup-Fade.exe]
    [Setup-DungeonBeGone.exe]
    [Setup-DoS25.exe]
    [Setup-DeArnise.exe]
    [Setup-D0QuestPack.exe]
    [setup-bg2fixpack.exe]
    [Setup-BanterPack.exe]
    [Setup-Assassinations.exe]
    [Setup-Ascension.exe]

That's about it (I think). So no Kivan. Any closer?

The only thing I can say about the sword is that it's image is the same as the Warblade sold in the Adventurer's mart, it has a knockback effect and enemies have to make a save vs. Death (for what? Don't know, might just be for the knockback).

I checked out what I could via SK and it doesn't give really any info. All I can say is it's in the same category (CM2H0X, where X = ID number of the item) as Everhate Vorpal Sword, Executioner's Blade (+4) and THS +4 : Backbiter.

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  5. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

so it's in the dir for "special" 2 hand blades?

and have you tried to use it?

6. Siegfried Gems: 1/31

Yes, it's a regular weapon.

As I've said, it has a knockback effect and forces enemies into save vs. Death rolls (for what, I have no idea).

I just don't know what kind of weapon it is (+1, +2, +3, +4, +5, etc.), what it's effects are and etc.

It most certainly isn't cursed. So that's good to know.

This is it's description :

This sword is so old that no information is available. Even identity spells fail to uncover its history.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sounds to me like you have to take it to someone, or it's for one of the modded npc's you've added.

8. Siegfried Gems: 1/31

Guess I'll have to play on to find out in that case. :grr:

Thanks nonetheless.

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I don't know which mod adds the sword either, but look up its item code via SK, then search your mod folders sub-item folders for it. All mods have sub-folders which have CRE or item files stored, so if you find the sword's item file in one mod folder or another, you will at least know which mod has added it and this may be better than knowing nothing.

10. Siegfried Gems: 1/31

:kneel:

As I thought, it was from desecration of souls.

Checked out the DoS forum, but no info there.

This is really starting to piss me off.

And the readme adds that there is only one quest added (not related). Which makes finding out who to find to get the info (or if there is such a person) a big problem...:bang:

PS I'll go check out the DoS new area to see if I can find anything. If not, then I have NO idea what this is and why it was made this way.

---------- Added 0 hours, 23 minutes and 37 seconds later... ----------

Ok, so after a little research, I dug up an old spoilers thread NOT in the desecration of souls forum and found the info.

Ancient sword : 1d12+3, knockback

Seems like there's another quest in the mod that wasn't in the readme.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.