1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC you are most dependant upon.?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Haymaker D'apeon, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Haymaker D'apeon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

What npc you are most dependant upon in your party?

For me it has to be Viciona and Edwin. I cast chaotic command all the time when going to battle and need not worry about my characters running around like a mad chicken. She also tanks like crazy when i give her blade barrier. Also her skeleton warrior summoning abilitie is just superb. As for Edwin... well i think he is the best mage ever!! probably better than a mage that one can make as a protagonist because he has alot of extra spells. I give him the robe of vecna, and he breaches/greater malison/lower resistance like crazy. Once i have all that done with i hit them hard with Abi Dalzim horrid wilting and watch the hit points drain from my foe. I don't see my self doing anything else during a battle against a tough oponent.

2. Malekith Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] well actually korgan with Aye, me bloody axe be ready, etc makes me having a great time, also viconia with her harsh nature gives me hope in battle, and of course minsc, they make battle eventfull.

3. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

i am very dependant on Keldorn his high lvl dispel and his true sight are very useful plus he is a great tank

4. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Minsc.
    He has a lot of hp's, He can berserk, He is the npc with most strength and he can cast low level cleric spells.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can't say that I depend on anyone. I change NPCs in party as I like (as I'm TN FMT). :p

The only NPC that I don't want to see in my party for long is Keldorn - I can't stand his "lawful" dedication to kill Viccy. :mad:

6. Haymaker D'apeon Gems: 2/31

Keldorn has a lawful dedication to kill Viciona? I've played through the whole game with Keldorn + Viciona in my party and there was no hostile attitude towards Viciona from Keldorn. Infact, i dont even recall Keldorn saying anything about Viciona :/. Sturrange.

7. Hayashi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Keldorn, definitely. His true sight and dispel magic (@ 2x his level! :eek: ) has made mincemeat of many mages. ;)

8. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yeah, im probably going to get flamed for this but... Jaheira.

I find her to be a pretty good fighter able to hold her own along with minsc and the other tanks and her druid spells aren't that bad. She's a good spell caster in a pinch and a pretty good fighter. Who cares about her low wisdom? A couple more level 1,2, and 3 spells aren't going to help me that much. And her low strength? Bah, plenty of str enhancing stuff.(yes i use potions)

9. Azzizz81 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What abt Aerie?

10. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I always use Mazzy Fentan as a missile unit. Because she is the only one skillful bowman( or bowwoman?) I am very dependant on her. I also give Minsc a lot of role in the battle.
    For a cleric I always use Viconia, she is probably the most useful character in my party because of her healing and blessing spells as well as she has the raise dead and restoration abilities and she is a bloody good summoner.( personally I find her extremely attractive)

11. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Give 'im the right armor, and Keldorn tanks. Also Mazzy -- who needs an Archer when you have her. In dragon fights, the mage is always the most useful, but in regular skirmishes I'm almost always dependent on my strongest tank.

Keldorn hasn't tried to kill Viconia yet.

12. Trunculo Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

For me it's good old Jan Jansen. His thief skills are bloody useful (if my PC isn't a thief that is) and he's an excellent wand-weilding magic-using freak. Also, he's always good for comic relief.

13. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Korgan. Any hard fight, pump him up with magic, make him angry, and watch your enemies be reduced to pathetically flopping chunks of meat.

14. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Edwin and Edwin and Edwin! The most original character in the game with the best lines, and a great mage! He's always at on my side (or on my back?).

15. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Dear old Jan! My little utility knife who is the best thief AND mage in the game, and he has the quickest mouth this side of Anauroch!

16. shadow_thief Guest

I thought there was only one Edwin. And the NPC I'm most dependent on is: BOO!

17. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Boo aint an NPC, I depend on... Hmmm.. lets see. they're all sort of equal but i depend on Sarevok the most :) Heeeheee his odd super attacks are very useful

18. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Athalon---no ToB spoilers, please.

19. shadow_thief Guest

That isn't a spoiler.

20. seel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

nalia has saved my butt with her thief skills a few times. also minsc is a bad moth...shut your mouth! hey, im just talkin bout minsc.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.