1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thread of Random Babbling, iteration 111

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just popped into the forum for Improved Anvil (a BG2 mod) to see what's been going on lately (don't ask why - I'm not even sure myself). Or at least I tried to. It seems that the IA forum is now what they are calling a "privileged" forum, where you have to pay just to view it.

It appears that Sikret has actually lost his mind. Without the ablility to at least visit the forum, he is shutting out players who don't want or can't afford to pay the admission fee. Which basically means that (a) those people won't be able to get help when they need it, and therefore will likely stop playing the mod, and (b) anyone who hasn't played the mod before is unlikely to start now if they aren't able to get any information about it outside of what's contained in the mod itself.

It wasn't enough that IA was a niche mod to start out with; it now appears that Sikret's objective is to make its fan base as small as possible.

:nuts:

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Wow, that's incredibly unusual. If it's to be paid for I'm hoping it will emerge as something greater than a simple mod. Even TCs for BG2 don't charge for the grand privelage of visiting the forum.

Perhaps he desires an air of mystery to draw in attention?

Or perhaps, purely, a mistake.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sikret was also looking for donations to help develop the next version of the mod. But I can't see him charging for the mod itself - I believe that would break every copyright law in the book.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You'd be surprised, games such as The Sims and a few others I could probably look up if I could be arsed (:p) had modding communities that make a fortune from selling modded things. Where it keeps up enthusiasm for the game a lot of companies aren't particularly rushed to shut it down either.

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Pokemon, gotta catch 'em allllllll!

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

/whips out 12-gage and shoots Daie

*EDIT*...and his collection. Murdering those bastards should be a hell of a lot of fun. Take that, Pieceofs***chu!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Someone obviously never played Pokemon Yellow.

8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I used to chuffing love Pokemon.

9. Disciple of The Watch

No. Why should I, or more importantly why would I? I'd have to be seriously <d>ucked up on drugs really really really bad to even start considering the idea.

I'd rather play Doom 3... or even DOOM on SuperFamicom.

10. Saber

Dude, Pokemon is the s*it. That game is universal. And is still enjoyable. I pick it back up every few years and play. (Not Yellow... the Silver/Gold universe was my favorite).

Then again, I am also a fan of shooters, RPGs, action/adventure (U2:AT was one of the best game's I've played in a looong time), hell, most games. Except the stupid music genre. **** band hero, rock band, guitar hero, dj hero, etc. **** sucks.

11. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I concede I am partial to a bit of fun with pocket monsters now and again.

T2Bruno likes this.
  12. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Had about a quarter of my class play through Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow my senior year of high school. Good times.

13. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Haven't we all? :lol:

Caradhras likes this.
  14. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Not in my universe. :nono:

You naughty lass! :D

15. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    One tries :D

16. Disciple of The Watch

Finally, someone who speaks some sense!

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, I just had a meal of fried liver, roughly Berlin style (with bacon, apples and onions) :yum:

18. Disciple of The Watch

Hmm, bacon and apples, you say? Must be a... most interesting combination of flavors. I mean that in a good way.

ION, today was a downright rotten day. I switched shifts to get a breather from the devil I know, and got the short end of the stick. One more week of those, and then I'll be back with my original shifts. Until my imminent promotion, it's going to have to do.

IOON, having a blast playing Colecovision. Pepper 2 is just awesome, and I also got Burgertime... this should bring back memories. Expect reviews soon enough... but after Ninja Golf, the bar is pretty high... :lol: I love Ninja Golf... worth the price of an Atari 7800 by itself.

19. Saber

Was at a film shoot all day - it went well! Getting more experience, which is definitely good. I will be helping out with the movie a few more times this month, get on my teacher's good side :p

20. Disciple of The Watch

Never underestimate the power of connections, Saber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.