1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite Sandwich?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    My favourite is tuna (sunflower oil, rather than brine), mature cheddar, tomato and lettuce on wholemeal bread. YUM.

What's yours?

No mentions of the hideous Subway please!

Caradhras likes this.
  2. a soubriquet Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Oh man, Subway is sooooooooo goooooood!

:p

I enjoy the Sierra Turkey sandwich from Panera. Absolutely fantastic it is. The Pick'n'Save deli has a really good Padded Thai Chicken with Peanut Sauce wrap, too.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Pastrami and ketchup on rye bread, smothered with chocolate sauce, and then deep fried. :yum:

4. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Splunge, I'm not questioning your choice of sandwich... but how does one put those particular ingredients together originally? Was it by accident? Were you taking everything you had left in the fridge, putting it on a sandwich, and then deep frying it?

I'm boring. I like tuna on white. I also like peanut butter (with peanuts) and jelly (strawberry) on white.

5. gorgon82 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My favorite sandwich is the cheeseburger with tons of mustard.:D

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Right now it's a chicken club sandwich as follows: Chicken is marinated in a mesquite BBQ sauce and grilled, put on lightly toasted sourdough, add avocado slices, sauteed mushrooms (sauteed in garlic and light butter), lettuce, tomato, and bread treated with a thin layer of mayo and a thicker lawyer of the mesquite BBQ sauce. YUM.

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

A large roast beef sandwich, plain, from Kelly's Roast Beef. It is a local place (only three of them, in Massachusetts), but has the most delicious roast beef and buns. (<---- errr....)

I am not a huge fan of sandwiches though.

8. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hot Corned Beef on a marble rye with spicy mustard with a bag of potato chips. If you follow it up with a nice chocolate chip cookie, you really can't beat it.

9. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Cheese, bacon, and ketchup. Yummeh!

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I hate Subways, they're everywhere. :mad:

My favourite is made with farmhouse loaf, buttered and covered with a thin layer of mustard to which I add either cheese (Comté) or sardines (but never both). I usually have it with tea. It's simple and tasty. :yum:

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The McDonalds of submarines...

As for my part, I do like Quiznos' Chicken Carbonnara. Enough said. Also works fine homestyle -- since I can add even more BACON!

12. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    Oh that sounds soooo good! I made that last week with the left over corned beef we had from our St. Patty's day dinner.

My favorite though has to be the Asiago Roast Beef sandwich from Panera - thinly sliced roast beef, smoked cheddar, lettuce, tomato, & onion - and depending on my mood I either keep the horseradish mayo on there or I go with the regular mayo if I'm not in the mood for that extra bite.

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Shannyn Sossamon -- Me -- Claire Forlani

14. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Slow cooked beef with wholegrain mustard. Mmmmmmmm...sandwich....

15. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

He watched Elf.

---------- Added 0 hours, 2 minutes and 43 seconds later... ----------

Definitely the Chicken Cutlet Parm w/ Broccoli Rabe at Tony Luke's in south Philly. Killer sandwich. The Rabe is sauteed in garlic butter.

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Arby's Large Roast Beef! :yum:

Homemade, I like a ham sandwich on a lightly buttered croissant, with a little Miricale Whip Light on both sides. :thumb:

17. Dethwynd Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

*looks sheepish* My favorite is actually a Subway sandwich >_> <_< >_>......

Italian BMT with all the veggies, extra Jalapenos, salt and pepper and oil and vinegar.

Of course that could be due to the lack of a better sub place in the general area, I live in a college town so we have all the generic places but no real specialty shops.

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Sandwich? With that silly white fluff you Anglo-Americans brazenly call bread? Yuck. Toast bread is an abomination that doesn't count as bread with me.

Three weeks in Britain I left me indescribably sick of everything toast ... :mad: I eat real bread, preferably rye bread or black bread.

That said, for something sandwich-ish I like real bread with roast beef, or smoked ham, with remoulade and fresh slices of salad, cucumber or tomato.

19. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I also like Subway, they make tasty sandwiches. Otherwise at home I usually only make simple cheese or sausage sandwiches. I like bacon though, the best sandwich I ever had was some sub just stuffed full with salty crispy bacon. It was wonderful.

20. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Panera breakfast snadwiches are very nice.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.