1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Invincible demons

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Rastamage, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Rastamage Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

So I am making progress in my BG2 game now. I hit a weird snag that is threatening my run, though. I fought the Master of Thralls in the planar prison. He was completely immune to my +3 weapons. I tried breaching and that didn't make him any easier to hit. So after a few different tries with different techniques I Ctrl+Y and go on my merry way figuring he was bugged or I had some mod selected that I didn't usually have.

Now I'm doing the planar sphere quest. I've gone out of the sphere to collect the demon hearts. These demons are also practically invincible! Can anybody take a look at my mod list and tell me what's going on?! Am I forgetting a basic tactic? Are these demons actually invincible? Do I have to start again to play without these demon resistances? Here's the Weidu log:

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Some monsters are immune to +3 weapons or less. Did you try to hit them with +4 weapons like the quarterstaff you can buy from Ribald ? Attacks from your summons also count as better than +3.

3. Rastamage Gems: 6/31

Wow! I thought it took +3 weapons to break immunity. +4 is horrid! I cheated in a Runehammer just to try it and, yeah, it worked. Do you know which mod, by any chance, I have installed that is making this level of immunity? Can I mod the game to change future demons to +3s? I just got done equipping my characters with +3s. I'm at a loss on how to even get a bunch of +4s this early in the game.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You don't need +4 weapons to beat the demons (I'm not even sure if you need +3).

Just looking at your log, and as a purely uneducated guess, it's possible something is bugged or you have a mod conflict. I know, that's not very helpful, but I'm useless at troubleshooting these kind of things.

5. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Just use summons for hurting them. A buffed army of fire elementals, air servants and other monsters you can summon can even defeat Demilichs with ease.
    You can also cast Melf's meteors for doing ranged physical damage and you can buy a quarterstaff +4 from Ribald. The anti-undead throwing axe you can buy in the Copper Coronet should work too.

6. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I think there is a clerical spell (keep forgetting its name.... smite?) that is area effect and works pretty well while ignoring resists and immunities.

7. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Something in your install has upped those demons' resistances.

There's only a handfull of monsters in all of SoA that require +3 weapons to hit (tougher golems, Greater Werewolf etc) and a grand total of two (IIRC) that require +4 or better - Kangaxx the Demilich and the Demon Prince in the Underdark, both optional kills.

8. Rastamage Gems: 6/31

Yeah, I have a mod that boosts demons for sure. Luckily I forgot that I had the warhammer +1, +4 vs Giants that acts as a +4 weapon. I also had a flametongue. So I ended up being able to finish the planar sphere without resorting to the console.

9. aVENGER Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This is not intended behavior. You installed aTweaks before SCSII thereby creating an incompatibility.

As stated in the readme, aTweaks should be installed after SCSII and most other AI enhancing mods. See here for more details.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Holy incompatibility, Batman! The second part of my uneducated guess was actually right! :eek:

11. Rastamage Gems: 6/31

I see. Thanks for clarifying. Fortunately both my melee types have +4 weapons so my runthrough isn't dead in the water. I'll be sure to install it after SCSII next time, then.

12. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    What are aTweaks and SCSI? Where can I find them?

I thought SCSI was Small Computer Systems Interface that was commonly found on Macs last millennium.

13. aVENGER Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

aTweaks is a PnP tweak pack. You can find it here.

SCSII (Sword Coast Stratagems II) is an AI enhancing mod. It can be found here.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.