1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Akinator.com

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not sure if this belongs in Whatnots or Playground? But basically, you picture a famous person in your head and the site asks you questions to guess who it is. This one however seems particularly clever. It guessed correctly on 3 straight people with me, 2 of them only really known in England, I only beat it when I thought of someone really obscure. It guessed Jon Irenicus correctly with about 6 questions!

Have a go.

http://uk.akinator.com/

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Dang... It got Tina Fey (correct) on the first guess. I played it a 2nd time, and it first guessed Jessica Biel (wrong), after a few more questions it guessed Jenna Fischer (correct).

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Took it 23 questions and one wrong guess to get Ryan Reynolds.

He couldn't guess Jamie Bamber (3 wrong guesses and like 50 questions).

Took him 12 questions to correctly guess Kratos, from the God of War series.

And he couldn't guess Mark-Paul Gosselaar (from Saved by the Bell, NYPD Blue, and Raising the Bar fame).

Methinks this is no good...

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Of course Winston Churchill, Harry Potter, Jesus Christ and Queen Elizabeth II were no real challenges :D but I was impressed when he got Jack the Ripper on the first try after ~12 questions. Took him no longer to guess Teddy Roosevelt.

But, I managed to stump him on Franco Battiato and Alan Parsons. Tsk tsk tsk. ;)

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    No problem getting House, O.J., but was stumped by Johnnie Bench.

6. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Got Sparhawk from the Elenium by Eddings on the second guess (first was Lan from Wheel of Time).

Failed completely on Sir Mark Stanhope though. Quite embarassingly too. First question: Is this character real. Question 6. Can this character use magic!

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I managed to get it to guess Aguilani and David Moyes with no trouble.

8. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Chuck Norris works just fine. :shake:

9. a soubriquet Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I was thinking of Mandy Moore. It took 20 guesses and finally came up with Lohan. 30 got it to Tisdale. 40 it came up with Duff, then admitted defeat. I win.

10. Montresor

Media:
    Some fictional characters it managed to guess:

Alice (in Wonderland)
    Humpty-Dumpty
    Lucy Pevensie, and Aslan (Chronicles of Narnia)
    Sauron
    Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights)
    Nameless One and Fall-From-Grace
    Viconia DeVir
    The Man in the Moon :D

I'm quite impressed, actually.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Me too... though it can take a (very) long time for it to guess some, but apparently it's got pretty much everyone in the database.

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It didn't have me :p

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    But it had me. :p

14. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Guessed Daniel Craig. One question was about being ugly, that's uncanny!

15. Montresor

Media:
    Does, too. :p

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  16. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    I stumped it with Milon from Milon's secret castle, Nick Scryer from Psi-Ops, Max from Shining Force, Fuyu from Biomega, and Noober. It got Nordom on its second guess and Boo after about 10 questions.

17. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It's very uneven. It guessd Annah on the 2nd try (not bad considering it was asking rather nonspecific questions), but when I went for TTO it got Morte on the 2nd try (at which point I thought nice, getting close), asked some questions that should've very obviously nudged it in the right direction, then gave up. On the other hand it got Margaret Thatcher very quickly, and while that's not surprising (not that many famous women head of parties in Europe) it's interesting to see how it picks its questions to narrow it down.

18. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

I could not get Eureka from Eureka Seven.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

It got Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrence from Shining. Not bad.

20. gorgon82 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It took 20 guesses to guess Skeletor. By the power of Greyskull...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.