1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SNOW!!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by NOG (No Other Gods), Jan 30, 2010.

1. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    It's white, it's fluffy, you can eat it, and I haven't seen this much of it in 16 years!!

So, first we here in Virginia Beach were supposed to see a slim chance of a mix late in the night, with rain washing everything away by morning, all while everyone else got a foot or so. Then, everyone else was supposed to get 16 inches while we got flurries with a chance for long-term accumulation. Then, everyone was getting a foot (not that anyone here believed it). Late yesterday, though, I heard we were supposed to get 16 inches, with snow falling all day today, and not getting above freezing all weekend! I haven't seen anything even close to this since I left New Hampshire when I was 9 years old! I LOVE IT!! :D

*goes out to frollic in the snow*

2. Dethwind Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Wow 16 inches..... I've only got 3..... I feel so deprived. *Snicker*

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    We went from no snow at all and slightly above zero temperatures with rain yesterday to a full inch this morning, and it is still snowing. Nice.

One has to understand, we are used to mild winters, frequently with very little snow, and this is the first time in years we have been blessed with a real winter again. It's been years since we last had that.

Have fun, NOG :)

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] We had snow last night. Which explains why I had a terrible night :rolleyes:

Wish I could enjoy it properly, but it's just becoming a nuisance here now.

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    We had about 10 cm (or 4 inches) of snow tonight, with more being threate...promised next week. It is a pain in the <lower back> to shovel :nolike: but I have to admit it looks pretty.

/starts snowball fight :evil:

6. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    This is the first time Lilly (our cat) has seen any significant snow. She looked out there like the world had ended! When my wife and I were out in the snow (she wanted to take pictures), Lilly was sitting in the window meowing at us like she was afraid we'd die. :lol:

I just wish this had happened for Christmas.

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Worst winter in decades, cold, snowy, windy, horrible. I didnt mind when I was a kid and my mom bought me winter clothes and I didnt have to drive. Now, now it is horrible.

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Being from Canada, I have no idea what snow is like.

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    We had snow all through december, over Christmas and for the first week or so during January. It looks like it's gonna come back too which is a pain because Rob has a Jaguar S type R (I think) and it does NOT do snow. Which means I end up doing the driving mostly

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow, people bragging about having three or four inches ... I'd be embarrassed.

11. Ragusa

Media:
    No bragging T2, it's pure delight.

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It's evidently not how much snow you get, but how you enjoy it that counts :shake:

13. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I like snow. I just don't like temperatures around -20 degree Celsius.

Freaking sibirian winds...

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

16 years? Man, that is rough! I love the snow (well, when it is falling and immediately afterwards... once it turns to gray slush, I'm not a big fan), I don't know if I could go 16 years without it. Yay Massachusetts!

15. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    Yeah, I'm not bragging about the foot of snow, I'm rejoicing. Up in New Hampshire, we'd get several feet every winter easily, but after 16 years of nothing but flurries, I'm in desperate need of some good winter fun. Now if only we had hills, I could go skiing!

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's a bloody nuisance... we're running out of space to shovel the damn thing to. None of it melts, so it just keeps piling up more and more. Ugh... :nolike: I wish I had a flamethrower... :evil: or a breath weapon... :good:

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] What do pink dragons breathe? :hmm:

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Rainbows and unicorns of course!

19. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    Breathing unicorns sounds... painful. For both of you. :o

20. Ragusa

Media:
    Amazingly, we had all in all some two inches so far, and it keeps coming :roll: :spin: Not that I have all that much from it while playing computer at my desk, but it sure looks nice from my window. But it looks like I'll tomorrow will do a walk in the park.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.