1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 10

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Oct 30, 2009.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Into the night
    Desperate and broken
    The sound of a fight
    Father has spoken

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Peace Sells by Megadeath

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Funny. Nope -- and you were semi-complaining about me posting Rush songs. See what happens when I post something playing on the radio now? Crickets.

5. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

30 seconds to mars. kings and queens

6. dmc

Media:
    Correct

7. Maurolava

Thank you dmc.
    ---

You dealin with a few true villains
    Whose stand inside of the booth truth spillin

8. Maurolava

Hmm, I guess a hint is needed.

Hint #1: Is a fairly new song, which plays in the radio somewhat often.

Hint #2: Is played by four singers.

9. dmc

Media:
    Well, this has languished for a while. It looks like some kind of rap crap to me, so I will guess Barry Manilow, Copacabana.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Mos Def... True Magic?

11. Maurolava

I guess it is not the traditional songs played here; so I will let Saber take it, even though is not it.

The song in I had was "Forever" by Drake

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  12. Saber

Oops. Oh well, here we go:

It is more mainstream than what I usually listen to, so hopefully someone will recognize it :)

13. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Really like that song Maurolava, wish I would have checked here to get it.

No clue Saber.

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It reminds me of Matthew Good, but as for the song, I'm not sure.

15. Saber

You are correct, Splunge!

The song is Champions of Nothing; it was probably a more difficult one of his to guess, actually. One of my favorites!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  16. Splunge

Media:
    Well, I guess you're giving it ti me even though I didn't get the song.

Ha ha, charade you are

17. Saber

I figured no one else would get it... the fact that you got the artist alone is pretty sweet; didn't know if anyone listened to him or not.

18. Splunge

Media:
    I listen to a local community college station that doesn't play mainstream, and I thought I recognized your lyrics. Having said that, posting lyrics that you think "no one else would get" is a sure way to grind these kind of games to a halt. Do it again and I'll kick your ass. :p

Anyway, to repeat my earlier lyrics:

Ha ha, charade you are

19. Saber

Oh, no, I meant, I thought it was mainstream enough for someone to get, but once you said you recognized the artist but not the song, I realized it was probably too obscure to get. I have been reprimanded :p

20. Splunge

Media:
    I'm surprised nobody's got this yet. Extended lyrics:

You well heeled big wheel, ha ha, charade you are

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.