1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cadderly: Chosen of Deneir

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Evil Dad, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I want to create a character like Cadderly. In 2nd-Ed his stats are STR 16 DEX 15 CON 15 INT 18 WIS 20 CHA 15. This obviously includes his bonuses for being a Chosen of Denier. I can't find any 2nd-Ed info on CoD. In 3rd-Ed the CoD, get +2 CON, +2 INT and +2 WIS. This would make Cadderly's base stats 16 15 13 16 18 15. I am happy to make a character with these stats, but I would also be interested to know what the 2nd-Ed rules say.

I am thinking of either a) standard Priest or b) Cleric of Lathander (benefits would makeup for Chosen of Deneir bonuses)

The party composition will be difficult, I think.
    Dannia Hf F11 (Monk)
    Ivan DWm F8
    Pikel DWm F5/D5
    Brother Chauticleer Hm C9
    Percival (White Flying Squirrel)
    Shayliegh Ef R8
    Elbereth Em F10

What about a familiar instead of Percival? or does the hp bonus (and cheating) make this not viable?

Dannica is tricky. There is no standard NPC that can play Dannica, so I might well use Kitanya (Elven Wizard Slayer) in this role.

Korgan could be Ivan. Wrong alignment, but a great tank as well.

Jaheira is a F/D, so maybe she could be Pikel?

Do I go for Brother Chaunticleer (maybe Anomen or Cernd) and another NPC?

or do I take Shayliegh and Elbereth instead. Maybe these could be Mazzy and Valygar.

Your opinions are always valued :D

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Why not just start a multiplayer game and make the PCs yourself?

The party would probably be
    Danica (Female Human Fighter/Swashbuckler)
    Ivan (Male Dwarf Fighter)
    Pikel (Male Dwarf Fighter/Druid)
    Shayleigh (Female Elf Archer)
    Dorigen (Female Human Mage or Sorcerer - take your pick)

You might want to make Danica a fighter-swashbuckler (in SK) since your party would lack a thief and Danica disarmed traps and picked locks in the book. Just have her dual wield daggers.

However, if you demand that Danica be a monk then make Shayleigh a fighter/thief because you WILL need a thief.

Your lack of a mage would make the game VERY hard also. So Dorigen (being the only mage that actually joined the party) would be the best choice.

I would have thrown Vander (as a male half-orc Fighter or Barbarian) in there but you have enough warrior classes as is and you will need a mage.

But it is your game. These are just my suggestions. I played though Icewind Dale II with this party apart from Dorigen since you don't 'need' arcane casters in IWD2 and had alot of fun with Cadderly as a Lorekeeper of Oghma (since Denier is under Oghma).

3. Heerscher Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You would have to use Shadowkeeper to create Pikel. Dwarves can only be fighter/thieves or fighter/clerics.

4. Abomination Gems: 26/31

The joys of 2nd edition eh?

5. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think Cadderly already appears somewhere in the series - BG1?

6. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31

he does appear in Candlekeep in CH6. Don't know if he appears any earlier though? He is L20 though.

I have noticed that both Cadderly's and Drizzt's parties both lack Mages. Yet, in the BG series you are virtually screwed without a Mage.

I will play this party through in IWD and IWD2, but I don't like doing MP in BG2. I like to take the NPCs where possible for the banter, quests and general feel of the game. I know I can do the quests without them, but it never feels the same.

Imoen might make a good replacement for Dannica. I know she isn't a fighter and there isn't the love interest, but they are very close friends, grown up together and Imoen is always there for you.

Mind you, aren't there some female monk NPC's around?

It might be worth doing it just for the fun, although in the books wasn't Pikel a dual-class F/D?

Jaheira could be a valid replacement for Dannica and Pikel, roled into one. Again, she is fiercely loyal to you and you travel together no matter what. Plus, she nags you like a wife should :D

7. Heerscher Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Haven't read the books, but I can hardly imagine him to be dual classed. He's a dwarf isn't he? ;)

8. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31

In the books Pikel is a fighter like his brother and goes off at the end of Book One to try and become a Druid.

9. Abomination Gems: 26/31

However nobody says that Druids are shabby in melee. They do have a cleric's THAC0 but only have 1 attack per round does suck. I guess you'd have to make him a fighter/druid.

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Why don't you just take Jaheria and SK her into a monk. It isn't that much of a stretch. Well, maybe it is...

11. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31

can you just imagine Jaheira following the orders of a monastry. Wouldn't it be funny if it was a silent order:D

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Funny...or bliss? :D

13. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Often certain orders require one to be celibate (sp? the word that means you don't have sex) as well :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.