1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #110

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    There is a massive amount of people from Québec (usually retired) who spend the winter in Florida. They must be shaking their fists at the sky right now... :lol:

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Aha! I'm in the phase of sick where you blow your ears out with your nose and find blood in your hankie, and this delightful dry cough has become more frequent and irresistible. Thrilling! I can't wait what's in store for me next!

Except for that I'm actually feeling better - no more migraine, I can sleep for up to four hours in a row, and my head is clear enough to allow me to sustain activities. Yesterday I was able to play Dragon Age for four hours and watch movies without dozing off. Progress!

3. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

These don't seem to fill up as fast as they used to. Work is dragging big time tonight.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I called in sick at work today. I still feel that "sick of work" is a perfectly valid reason. :D

I might actually get some laundry done tonight...or I just might end up playing DAO until 8am. :shake:

5. Ragusa

Media:
    I went to bed tonight at 1 am, to wake up again at 6 am, slept from 8 am to 11 am and from 12 am to 2pm. And I'm getting tired again.

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Went to a funeral yesterday. It was for the woman I was talking about a while back. Turns out she was only 37 and it looks like she may have killed herself. It cut me up, seeing her parents. Nobody should have to bury their own kid

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Fog, fog, fog...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  8. Ragusa

Media:
    I went to a friends birthday tea and dinner today, for a full 6 hours, and only now that I am home I start to feel exhausted. Having a bath and shaving make a world of a difference as far as feeling well is concerned. I'll go to bed in an hour, hoping I will sleep through tonight.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] So today has been interesting :rolleyes:

Kev appears to be having sympathy pains :o

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Just had a massive cleaning streak and cleaned the kitchen, upstairs, and most of my room. Now I shall sit back and watch the NFL playoffs.

11. Ragusa

Media:
    I'm unhappy. I mentioned that I eventually cancelled my order for the SSD. As for now I don't have a new system drive, and as for my HDDlife alerts for my current HDD, well, I've had six in the last hour; I get plenty of read errors. And prudence suggests I can't place a new order until I got my money back from the other retailer :nolike: I'll open up the gates of hell for them if they don't hurry.

Dear hard drive, don't give up yet. Endure just two or three more weeks.

Mental note: Never, ever again, no matter how great the price, order exotic (or any) computer hard ware from an unknown all round retailer, and pay in advance. I was so silly and really went for the cheapest offer.
    :bs: idea.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    So who are you going with now? Amazon?

13. Ragusa

Media:
    I tend to, and if I do I won't forget SP. I still want the Intel X-25 M G.2. An alternative shop, which I in the past found very reliable and swift is Mindfactory though. Unlike Amazon, they do have it in stock, and for a decent price. Amazon.de offers a good price, but they don't have it in stock right now. Which might change till I receive my money. But frankly, having ordered originally on November 3, and for good reason, I am sick and tired of waiting.

If I feel that other retailer stalls returning my money, I seriously consider reporting them to the police for fraud. I give a damn if it is really just incompetence.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hmm... incompetent seller, holding up money, speaking slowly, carrying a big brick... I see a pattern here... :lol: :shake:

ION, meh. Went to get me a couple more supplies at the flea market, so now it's tropical fog.

15. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    While I did not see any snow, it did snow in Florida as far south as Naples (towards the southernmost part of the state on the west coast side. That's unheard of, the state has been breaking cold weather records left and right.
    Amazingly enough, I have not gotten sick yet, but I am having bad problems with nosebleeds and cracking skins, despite my attempts to keep covered up. I simply do not have the heavy clothing needed to cope with cold weather, it simply is never sold in this state.
    We are not going to have low temps above freezing until the end of the upcoming week. I hope I haven't lost it and burned down a large building just to keep warm by then.
    Yes, this cold weather is making me feel truly miserable.

16. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Piece of crap drew his knife on me today. Dude's a piece of **** and is lucky we were being held back.

17. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I'm being rather drowned in RP lately. Surprisingly, it feels rather good and has not developed into pressure yet. :p

18. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    A winter here is rain, wind rain, rain wind and one or two days with snow. An inch, maybe two if we are lucky. A bit of frost, so ice skating is possible for one or two days. After that, some rain and wind until March.

Since cristmas a 10 year supply of snow has dropped. It is freezing during the day so the snow tuned into a cake of ice that sticks to the roads and pavements.

Well, we ran out of salt for the roads. Our asphalt is a type that is ideal for rain, not ice. being a slow media time here, no need to tell that the media is reporting every slip, every patch of snop in full detail like a world wonder creating a panic under the weak of mind.

I work in a warehouse that ships Suzuki car parts, Yokohama tires and some Toyota parts to dealers. Mostly this is a slower time but now we are running out of stock. Guess who is the person that collects, check and ships all the heavy stuff?

And strangly I like it. haven't been bored for the whole week. Slow time in a warehouse is so mindkilling.

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

And people still think global climate change isn't happening...

In other news, it is 6.30 am. I haven't woken up this early in... probably a year or two.

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Well, the whole ordeal started shortly after the Copenhagen meeting. So perhaps they should stop doing whatever they were started doing then. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.