1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Disappearing objects, anyone else had such a problem?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord Praetor Munir, May 1, 2001.

1. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

i doubt some nut pickpocketed me.. coz Nalia's signet ring of all things went missing.. it couldnt even come off.. then... after i started figthing those mind flayers in the sewers... my girdle of storm giant strength disappeared... do fighting these creatures make u lose some of ur equipment?

have any of encounted such a problem?

2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Nishruu and Hakeashar can cause you to lose magic items. I'm not sure if that was fixed in the patch. You'd better check that out.

If that wasn't what caused you to lose those items I'm afraid I have no idea what did.

[This message has been edited by Earl Grey (edited May 01, 2001).]

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I had the same problem... also lost the girdle of FROST giant strength (no storm :))

Could be a bug, try a patch so this doesn't happen again.

4. Bruce the Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You got a bug in the game. Nishruu and Hakeashar can only make charged item dissapear and they only attack spell casters.

i have to admit, when i was playing a socerer, a Nishruu destroyed my robe of good aligenment. also if you have any staute like moon dog, make sure you have space in you inventory when thre statue returns, if not the staute will disappear forever.

5. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  6. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Hmm, the patch didn't fix it for me. Oh well, I just put Nishruus and Hakeashar as my main priority and make my spellcasters run away.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Well when you install the patch, ik makes the problem not happen again, you don't get the lost items back. I think this is for you an excellent oppertunity to honourable use Shadowkeeper :p

8. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

No, I meant I installed the patch but it still kept happening...

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Now that's a first... This question was posted here probably 10 times before and the patch solved the problem each time. Actually, I haven't heard of anyone in all this time that installed the patch and still had this problem. (How could they, since the patch fixes it?)

Maybe it not working is a result of you using Shadowkeeper where you shouldn't be, some unlicensed patches, hacks, etc?

10. TelexStar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think the patch only works when you start a new game, It does'nt fix the problems from a saved game. (i heard this somewhere, but i'm not sure)

11. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Hmm, that might be it. Never tried it in a game which I've started *after* installing the patch, always took the safe route and killed the pesky things first. It was a bit traumatic the first time I met one, my weapons, familiar and robes were gone, not to speak of other items. (Yes, I didn't bother to run away as I had no wands and had used up most of my spells anyway.)

Hmm, have to try it... Never a nishruu around when you need one, the nearest one I remember is summoned by drow in underdark... :( I suppose I could start a new game and go try out that guarded compound, it has one.

12. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I hate Nishruus! :(

For this reason spells such as Death Fog, which slays summoned monsters, are true favorites of mine. :)

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Let's call it: Taluntain's Curse :)

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    LOL.

Actually, in some instances the patch will fix only the areas where you haven't been to yet (such was the case with the dreaded gloabal variable bugs in BG1), and it still holds true for some areas of BG2. But not for this case. Since this bug is not connected to one area, it doesn't matter at all when do you install the patch. As long as you do, it shouldn't happen anymore.

I installed it in the middle of the game (chapter 4 I think) and haven't experienced the problem ever since...

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited May 02, 2001).]

15. TelexStar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

ahh but. . . The first time i played thru BG2 i did'nt experience any item dissapearances! Just because you did'nt experience the problem after you installed the patch does'nt mean that the bug is'nt there!

(of course, i still bow to your 1862 posts :) )

16. Taluntain

Media:
    Ok, how about if I told you that I DID experience the bug before installing the patch at least 3 times? And that I did deal with Nishruu later as well (after installing the patch), and that they didn't eat any of my items then? ;)

17. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

i lost my elven chainmail armour and my spider idol AFTER installing the patch. And the sad thing is i didn't notice until i had already travelled pretty far in the game :(

Had to use shadowkeeper to get it back. It is the only thing i use shadowkeeper for.

18. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I lost the cloak of the good Archmagi and Nalia's ring which gave her 40 % fire resistance and +2 AC.
    I had to play that scene in the Underdark where those pesky dark elves cast two nishruu over and over again, till I finally killed them without having them touch my wizards.
    Patch doesn't fix anything...
    AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!
    Sorry 'bout that... ;)

19. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I lost the Gesen Bow Shaft, gotta install Shadowkeeper too

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.