1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #110

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

*takes sky from Daie*

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Only 2.5 hours until Christmas!

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    @DotW: punching people is bad. If you kick them instead you probably won't break a bone.

All that Christmas thing is going to be over soon enough but in the meantime all the sham merrymaking is just too painful to bear.

By the way, what is all that fuss about? Avatar? Way too much hype. If I want special effects I just pick up a good book, my imagination can come up with special effects that no CGI can top... And I still get a good story.

5. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Alright a situation for you.

My friend made it clear that he liked a girl, one whom almost all I heard about her I perceived as negatives, or at least not positives (and these were from one of her best friend). As such I both gave him crap about it, and also told him (negatively) about the kind of girl she was (based off what I was told). We'll start here... first off is it ok to give a friend a ribbing about a girl he likes? I believe yes. Secondly is it acceptable to try and steer a friend away from somebody who you do not know, but you haven't heard anything good about (or the negatives outweigh the positives). I say yes here too, but this one can be debated because I hadn't observed what she was like for myself.

Later in the situation we were told by my informant friend that her description wasn't completely accurate which made me take back some of the negatives I had heard. Also my friend decided to tell me that the said girl was actually his girlfriend and that he was upset about how I talked down about her and gave him a ribbing for liking her. Now, I believe man-law dictates that you can give a friend a good ribbing about a girl he likes and even talk negative about her. I said that if I knew it was his girlfriend then I wouldn't have said those things because it makes a difference?

So does it make a difference if he just likes the girl, or if she is actually his girlfriend? I think it does. Any opinions from you guys?

(and I know I don't have to tell you that you are free to disagree. Talk about a group of people that will say their own opinions no matter what :p)

Happy Christmas Eve to everyone! Even if you don't celebrate the holiday you can probably agree that giving and family are very cool things.

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Short answer: yes, it does.

Long answer: always be diplomatic about such things, when a guy is in love it's easy for him to get offended even if you're saying the truth (and you don't even know that for sure). What you've heard may not even be true so I would have reserved my judgement if I had been in your place. That being said, when there is too much smoke there must be a fire somewhere. It's all about picking the right words and the right moment to say them. If you want to say that a girl is promiscuous you might get away with saying that she seems well aware of how to use her looks to get some attention or that she is conscious of her sex appeal rather than saying that she's a *****.

Cool things but Christmas doesn't make the world a better place for those who are cast aside because they're lonely or don't have any money. If you're miserable or depressed, nothing will make you feel worse than Christmas.

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Merry Christmas from the land of the Kiwis, folks.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    DotW,
    you need to relax. Listen to T2. You seriously need to work on your anger management and discipline. You bashed that guy's nose, hours later, because of him yelling at you, disrespecting you? And you didn't spend a second on pondering the consequences, for both him and you? If he learns of that, your boss might fire you anyway, even if you beat that customer *after work*. That's a distinction without a practical difference.

Prediction: It's just a matter of time until you explode into someone worse than yourself and get whacked bad, or stabbed, shot, run over by a car, something other of the sort - or arrested and sentenced for aggravated assault or battery and go to jail. I am dead serious.

~ * ~​

On a far less sombre note: :hello: Merry Christmas everybody! :hello:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
    Montresor likes this.
  9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My blocked sinuses seem to be trying to push my eyeballs out of my face!

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    If they succeed....the public demand pictures!!! :xx:

But.........only if they look hilarious like this:
    [​IMG]

If they look all gross...then save us from any detail. :p

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Mmmm, Christmas Eve. I was supposed to go skiing, but can't because I don't have any health coverage over here. This makes me sad.

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I forgot how LOUD it was being at my parents. I'm having to have music on just to have a semblence of quiet to myself!

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yeah, but the pain is driving me absolutely nuts, despite the painkillers, I woke up every hour because it hurted like a b****, not to mention I couldn't get any kind of metalworking done... the only thing I could do was give a couple of coats of paint to a project, and try painting with half a crippled hand. Can't use the left, too, or the end result is going to be crap since I'm right-handed.

Clear analysis of my X-rays show the fractures are worst than initially expected. Doc says surgery isn't necessary, but there is a certain margin of complications that could occur, like not healing properly. Initial diagnostic says healing time will be between 2-4 months, maybe more or maybe less depending on how well it heals.

What a [censored]load of [censored].

14. Saber

And that is why fights in action movies are unrealistic - I am pretty sure the characters Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis, and any other action wouldn't be able to use their hands after any of the movies they've been in.

Of course, they're still cool :p

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Finished wrapping presents; I have teh skillz!

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Heh, yeah, except for kicking you get fractures as well. A girl I just happened to met on an occasion was an enthusiastic kicker made a minor fracture in my shin since I blocked her. That took about two months or so to heal.

She was the one kicking, mind you, I was just blocking and her boyfriend played football so i just let it lie. The girl was giving me poo, the guy was alright and if I can block her kicks to my nads then we're all alright. But the bloody fracture still hurt like a she-dog although it was just a small one. Feisty thing that lass. Wouldn't have minded having to wrestle with her...

In any case, pee on me grave fer saying this, but bless ya all and I'm a bi9t drunk on this x-mas eve. Don't mind me hating x-mas and pretty much evryone, but I'm a wee bit drunk and even though I'm a bit of an a-hole I still love each and evryoneofya. Now go to sleep and kiss yer loved ones a goodinght since t'morrow just might kill ya. Good night, and merry christmas.

By the by, one of me sis' popping another kid in a few months. I'll be a super-uncle in no time...

17. Saber

*puts beer down to piss on Iku's grave* Bwahaha, that's what you get for drinking on a religious holiday, you drunk bastard!

18. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

My hair just went from 3+ inches to ~1/8 an inch or so... It's cold, but feels sooo good.

19. Saber

Chicken, we don't need to know about your pubic hair, please. It's pubic, not public, fer chriss' sake!

;)

Montresor likes this.
  20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Apparently mobility scooters and powered chairs are the same thing :rolleyes: My dad is apparently an expert.

Wait, no, moron, that was the word.

Still I heard from him today which is more than I get most years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.