1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Greater Glabrezu in UnderSigil

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Platter, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

The Greater Glabrezu in UnderSigil

After you return to Sigil from the Planes you will be able to find Greater Glabrezu in UnderSigil, the "dungeon" under the Clerk's Ward. These tough monsters are worth 70,000 experience points each, and when you kill them they drop either a large amount of money or a powerful item.

I ran some tests to figure out exactly how likely you are to find a Greater Glabrezu each time you go into UnderSigil, where they might spawn and what chances you have of finding each item they can drop.

An easier to read HTML version of this can be found here;

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/Torment/Platter/crap/glab.htm

----------------------------
    Items

When you kill a Greater Glabrezu it will usually only drop Copper Commons. However, sometimes they will drop one of five rare or unique items instead, all of which are very powerful. For this test I made a script to spawn 1000 Greater Glabrezu and keep track of which of the six item possibilities each ended up with. I ran it three times.

Run 1
    Item : Number of GG to have item : Percentage of GG to have item
    Copper Commons : 837/1000 : 83.7%
    Aegis of Torment : 52/1000 : 5.2%
    Bell's Shield : 39/1000 : 3.9%
    Ring Zero : 37/1000 : 3.7%
    Umei Kaihen : 26/1000 : 2.6%
    Heaven and Earth : 9/1000 : 0.9%

Run 2
    Copper Commons : 853/1000 : 85.3%
    Aegis of Torment : 49/1000 : 4.9%
    Bell's Shield : 38/1000 : 3.8%
    Ring Zero : 27/1000 : 2.7%
    Umei Kaihen : 18/1000 : 1.8%
    Heaven and Earth : 15/1000 : 1.5%

Run 3
    Copper Commons : 857/1000 : 85.7%
    Aegis of Torment : 46/1000 : 4.6%
    Bell's Shield : 42/1000 : 4.2%
    Ring Zero : 21/1000 : 2.1%
    Umei Kaihen : 19/1000 : 1.9%
    Heaven and Earth : 15/1000 : 1.5%

Spawn Probability

Actually finding a Greater Glabrezu in UnderSigil can be difficult. Sometimes you can go down there ten times in a row without finding one, other times you may find two at once. To test just how likely it is that a Greater Glabrezu will be spawned each time you enter UnderSigil I made a script to simulate entering it 1000 times and keep track of how many Greater Glabrezu should have spawned each time.

Number of GG : Number of runs to have that many GG : Percentage of runs to have that many GG
    0 GG : 663/1000 : 66.3%
    1 GG : 274/1000 : 27.4%
    2 GG : 58/1000 : 5.8%
    3 GG : 5/1000 : 0.5%
    4 GG : 0/1000 : 0%
    5 GG : 0/1000 : 0%
    6 GG : 0/1000 : 0%

Spawn Points

[​IMG]

This is a map of UnderSigil with all the possible Greater Glabrezu spawn points on it. The three different colors indicate that if you find a Greater Glabrezu at one point you should look for more at the other points of the same color and not bother checking the other colored points during that run in UnderSigil. Finding a Greater Glabrezu at one point does not guarantee that there will be a Greater Glabrezu at the other points of the same color, but simply that those will be the only other possible points during that run for a Greater Glabrezu to spawn.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2017
    ConjurerDragon likes this.
  2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Though I always heard that there were Greater Glabrezu's in Unersigil I never once encountered one (let alone two or three), I must have kept hitting the 66.3%.

Thanks for this info Platter, next run through Ps:T those Glabrezu's are going to be hunted down and probably drop copper commons. Lol :confused:

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Interesting... mind if I put this up on SP with the next update?

4. Platter

^ I'd rather you didn't, it's part of my website.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, you'd be credited, of course, same as with everything else of yours I have up. I didn't see this linked to anywhere on your site. It doesn't really matter to me if I link to it, but outside links are a major pain in the ass because people keep changing urls and domains and I keep getting reports of "dead links" which are not really my fault. That's why I like to put up stuff that isn't likely to be subject to change.

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

So, if you leave UnderSigil, then immediately pop back in the chance of the GG spawning is reset?

7. Platter

^ Yes.

8. Roller123 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

link is dead

9. Taluntain

Media:
  10. Roller123 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Good thing it is hosted on SP now right. Thank you.

11. Platter

Whoa, this place still exists! I was in high school when I registered.

12. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  13. Taluntain

Media:
    Sure, fixed the link and map.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.