1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Glad to see you posting Nakia! I hope you'll solve your computer virus problems.

I'm sure you'll really like Dragon Age, it feels a lot like playing the good old infinity engines games. :)

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    We will be patiently waiting for you :)

... just don't make us wait too long :p

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Aw! Yay! Nakia's back! :banana:

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hello again. That nasty virus I thought I had gotten rid of, well, I din't. Two weeks after thinking it was gone it came bach with avengence, angry and nasty using language that I am not allowed to print her on this forum or for that matter any forum in which I am active.

My computer just gave up and came close to self-destructing. The poor baby just went ant had a nervous break down. I have had to reformat and re-install every thing. I have a bunch of saved stuff but am afraid of putting things s back on. Suppose that evil thing has hidden itself in one of the files? A game file or any other program. I am slowly re-installing things from disks or re=downloading them.

Being on dial-up downloading is a real pain but I refuse to use the local cable company. Costs too much, disconnects constantly and they blame the sites I visit. All of them? It into that fast in comparison to other broadband. I am currently using Verizon and hoping that they will upgrade us to DSL. People a mile from me have DSL why not us?

I am still around but and the good news is that my computer can be upgraded to 4ooo MBs RAM or so the tech said. I need a new CD burner and will get that soon. The computer is still under warranty. So DEll will take care of that and I can purchase the memory and Windows 7 from them and they will install the memory. Dell support is excellent and I highly recommend Dell to those who do not want to build their own computer.

On another Board I met a visually impaired person who puts together his own 'pewter. Says it isn't that hard, you just need a good magnifyer or a a person with good vision to read the labels to you. I was thinking about doing that but it looks like I can get a couple of more years use out of this baby.

What have the foliks in the alleys been doing without me? Betcha they are rehasing the same old stories. Oh well, whatever suits your fancy.

Bye for now I promise you that I will be back. Sorry I seem to have lost spell check. Found tge Board's but I like Googles better. My Internet connection is wacko. That wee virus hated earthlink and really tore it up.

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You're such a tease Nakia!

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Leaving! Death Rabbit left because he was so fed up.

Other than that, same old, same old...

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thanks for the welcome back. You folks are so lucky I was going to post one of my famous short posts when Internet timed out. Once my PC is is in shape I am going back to FireFox.

I have Verizon as my Internet carrier. Gusess what my Internet access name is. Verizon knows all. it is, nakia_ rogue . Isn't that great? Verizon added the rogue all on its own. I love it.

Bye now I am very sleepy.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  8. Runespeaker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hi all,

I am a traditional desktop P&P player converted to solo PC play. Not happy clicking like crazy, more interested in traditional 6 people parties (not 4). Give me some humour, a puzzle or 2 and some really hard fight strategy and I am snug.

9. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Welcome Runespeaker!!

Hope you feel as at home as we do at SP! :)

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Welcome to the boards. Have fun!

11. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Greetings and salutations! Just thought I'd pop my head in to remind you all I'm not dead. Sure has been a while! I'm uber busy these days DMing on Sundren, a NWN2 PW, which I totally love doing, but I really must chat more... You guys are my CRPG roots after all! ;)

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Uri! Good to see you still around :)

13. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Post for 2009

This is my annual post. Have nice year. Until next time..

14. Triactus

Media:
    Wow, you must be in great shape! 101 years old and still kicking... :p

15. Tharlok Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

So after two years of reading from this board, I finally signed up! One should never rush in to things as I like to say. I took me almost the same time to finish Baldur´s Gate since I am a cronic restarter. But as soon as I hade completed the game I felt the urge to do it again. So once again I have called upon fellow adventures to take up the good fight against Sarevok, Jon Irenicus and other fiends. Of course, when you haven´t played BG1 for almost a year, you tend to get a little suprised when things like kobolds are a serious threat...

16. Triactus

Media:
    Well nice to meet you Tharlock! Hope to see you around on the boards. Don't be shy, we don't bite (hard)... :p

17. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Hello all. Wow its been like forever and yet there are still tons of familiar posters. I finally figured out how to get around the site blocks at work.

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well I'll be damned! Dan! Damn, it's good to see you, man.

19. Yurn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Приветствия, everyone. I'm Yurn. I have been using programs from Sorcerers Palace for two years, been frustrated to no end for two years, and I just found the forum today.

20. Triactus

Media:
    Welcome Yurn! Hope you find what you're looking for and have fun on the boards along the way. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.