1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Voice in Forgotten Realms Poll

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Kirethorn, Nov 26, 2009.

?

Who has the Best Voice in Forgotten Realms Games?

1. Jim Meskimen - Edwin Odesseiron, Khalid

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. David Warner - Jon Irenicus

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Heidi Shannon - Jaheira (BGII), Melissan, Faldorn, Silke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jennifer Hale - Mazzy, Dynaheir, Jaheira (BGI)

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. Tony Jay - Kresselack

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. Peter Stormare - Isair

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. Grey DeLisle - Viconia, Nalia, Raelis Shai

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. Kevin Michael Richardson - Sarevok

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kirethorn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Here's my first poll in this Forum.

After some consideration i decided to go by voice artist rather than character, to better acknowledge who is responsible.

Enjoy.

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I never noticed that Peter Stormare did the voice acting for Isair. He's a great actor but I still have to pick David Warner, his voice acting for Irenicus really set the mood for the game. He was great in Peckinpah's movies as well.

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Also...a honorable mention, should be David Ogden Stiers. Does the storytelling in Icewind dale 1, + the voice for the main badguy in the game. Very good actor as well.

Should check out the Hornblower movies, Caradhras. Warner is great in those. I think he is in 2 of them. Plays a lunatic captain.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I think Kirethorn made a very good decision by choosing to list voice actors instead of listing in game characters. It's more comprehensive that way.

Thanks for the tip Rawgrim, I never got a chance to see these movies. David Warner is a very versatile actor and more often than not I end up watching a movie and then I recognize him in some supporting role. I really liked his performance in the Ballad of Cable Hogue. His performances as villains in other movies are always impressive.

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    David Ogden Stiers? That's Cogsworth from Beauty and the Beast!

6. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Yup. And Major Winchester from M*A*S*H. :)

I like his end narration in IWD, Very sinister.

I'm having a hard time choosing since they are all great voice artists.

But I go for Jennifer Hale who also did Deionarra and Fall-From-Grace in PS:T.

Plus she did Katriona in Quest For Glory 4, one of the best adventure games IMO.

7. Kirethorn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Just a reminder: this is recognition for services to the Forgotten Realms games, not everything in their career.

8. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Irenicus would be the obvious choice, but when I think of Baldur's Gate, the first thing that comes to mind is the scene with Sarevok's calm/smug voice saying "I'm sorry that you feel that way old man."

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Jennifer Hale because she made me fall in love with Bastila Shan, Deionarra and Fall from Grace, heh.

But if it's for the BG setting, it's a tough call between David Warner and Kevin Michael Richardson. Irenicus has so many more lines but my own "first to mind" line is "I - I will be the last. And you - you shall go first".

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Whoever does Neeshka's voice in Neverwinter Nights 2.

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I guess we're all suckers for bad boys. Irenicus and Sarevok here as well.

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sheena Easton! Annah rules.

13. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

My vote would go to Frank Welker.

You just can't hate a guy who always tells you that your voice is ambrosia. He voices Xzar, who has some of my favorite lines of any series:
    "I have become death.. destroyer of worlds!!" [In combat.]
    "STOP TOUCHING MEE!" [When you click on him a few times.]
    "Tell me 'bout the rabbits."
    "I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"
    "I know of dragons with feet like rabbits, 'tis true, I swear."
    "Smiles everyone smiles, this is like some great fantasy."
    "Those the gods wish to destroy they first make mad. (laughs maniacally)"
    "I ate his liver with a nice chianti and some fava beans."
    "Montaron, you are so aggravating! 'Tis disturbing to my demeanor!" [I love how he says this line, he sounds so crazy]
    "I wanted infravision like the elves, but tis' more than just taking their eyes" [My favorite.]
    "Montaron! I... I never loved you!" [When monty dies.]
    "Must we be so insufferably charitable?!" [When you have a high reputation]
    "I begin to see your true nature, and tis' as i expected. None are as insufferably righteous as harpers." [In relpy to Jaheria]

Xzar is evil and crazy, probably my favorite character in the series, and Frank Welker got the voice spot on; completely insane.
    He also did a bunch of the monster sounds, which don't sound like they came from a human.

14. XSavagus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Voted for D. Warner, his voice was perfect i think for the Irenicus character.

15. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Kath Soucie who voiced Maralie Fiddlebender in IWD2.

16. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think the guy ho did Sarevok did a great job.

'I will be the last.. and you will go first..' etc etc... well delivered lines.

17. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    Sarevok gets my vote.. he actually acted with his voice, Irenicus just sounds like the guy is reading his script.

although I do agree with Rahkir, Xzar was my favourite character

"Montaron! I... I never loved you!" being my favourite line of all time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.