1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Game Equipment

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Munchkin Blender, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

This is the equipment I have around level 13/14 for my PC and NPCs.

I have the Star Sword or whatever it is called as Alister main weapon, he is walking around in the Warden's Armor (Tier 7).

Sten is in the Dragon Armor and his weapon (when I get it) will be the sword he lost (you only gain this information if you make him happy).

Lelian is walking around in improved Drake Scale Armor and Using a pretty powerful longsword (don't remember which one)

Morrigan is wearing clothes only for her which I picked up after killing Flemeth and using the pick of wood my dog found for her staff

PC is walking around in the Wizard clothing found in the mage tower quest, using the Staff found at warden keep, etc...

What is the best equipment you have found in the game and what tier is the equipment? Also, what do you consider is the best equipment for the PC based on class and the NPCs?

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    You should have put a big flashing SPOILERS mention somewhere in your thread. ;)

That's Starfang.

Late game I went for the weapons that can get 3 rune slots and put grandmaster runes that do some extra damage.

Regarding armours, there is the Effort suit, the Juggernaut plate and the Legion suit of Armour. All are good. The Juggernaut looks really good on Alistair. The Helm pf Honnleath was my main's headgear for most of the game.

With my current character I decided to emphasize looks so I have the Thorn dagger and a saw sword (the big scimitar swords). I intend to dual wield two swords like these later on, how cool can it get?

3. Evilblood Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Juggernaut plate is amazing. Its such a versatile armour. Other amazing items I acquired was the Ring of Ages which really works well with the Juggernaut plate (Tier 6) and the Lifegiver ring. I did also did find a certain Longsword (a Tier 7 longsword more than a match for Starfang IMO). Any tank with these would be very difficult to kill and do well against all manner of beasts. There's also the Spellward amulet which also works wonders. Just a few of the best items I found.

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The best staff in the game is at the Mage tower. They also have a fantastic Ring/Amulet for a mage. In Denerim you pick up the best clothing for a Mage. And at your camp you can finish off your Mage with Amulet/Ring that the dwarf sells.

If you select Arcane Mage than you options change and the best weapon is Arcane Mage Sword. As for armors, your best armor would be that for a warrior.

The best armor is the juggernaut suit, no denying that. I believe the second best armor is the Dragon Blood armor or the Grey Warden. The best armor for Rogues with low STR would be improved Drake Scales or the Elven armor pieces that provides quite a decent bonuses.

As for Weapons, I believe it is a matter of prefence and ability score and style you want to go with.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.