1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best voice in Forgotten Realms Games

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Kirethorn, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Kirethorn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

This is to nominate the character with the best voice, a character who you will actually listen to the dialogue for, a character you eagerly await encountering so you can listen to them talk.

This first part is the nominations, a later one will follow in which people can vote.
    To nominate a voice, post the name of the character, the game they appear in, and a dialogue quote of theirs that you enjoy, or even a recording if you can. The quotes are memory joggers.
    Here are some I have thought of already:

- Isair - Icewind Dale II - "When first we met I expressed satisfaction at the looks on you faces. Now that the tables have been turned I feel positively...incarnadine."

- Sarevok - Baldur's Gate - "I will be the last! But you will go first. *Deep Menacing Chuckle*"

- Irenicus - Baldur's Gate II - "Life...is strength. This is not to be questioned, it seems logical enough, you live, you continue to effect your world."

- Viconia - Baldur's Gate II - "No! Nau! Oloth plynn d'jal!"

Entries will be accepted until there is a selection large enough to continue narrowing down.
    Other ideas: Lilarcor, Minsc, Jaheira, Madae, Poquelin, Aribeth, Lysara.

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    You should have made a poll, or maybe you can make one later on. ;)

David Warner is a great actor and he did the voice acting for Irenicus, certainly the best in any of these games.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Right now, out of my head and working on a computer that has none of the IE games installed nor a working audio driver, I would go for the late Tony Jay, who did the voice of Kresselack in Icewind Dale.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  4. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I like the lady who does the voice for Mazzy. Jennifer Hale, I belive she is called. Did the voice for Bastilla, in kotor aswell. For me its her, or David Warner.

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Didn't she also do Fall-from-Grade in Planescape: Torment? That was an insanely good voiceover, but it wasn't quite FR.

I actually really liked Jaheira's voice from the Baldur's Gate series. It fit the character very well, and was a big part of why I liked that NPC a lot.

6. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

I think maybe she did. Also she voiced that ghost chic in the mortuary.

7. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Deionarra! Not "ghost chic in the mortuary" - Deionarra! :p

I'm voting Deionarra, absolutely.

"I shall wait for you in Death's halls, my love."

Best voice bit ever.

8. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Actually...we can`t vote for her. the poll says Forgotten realms games...And planescape isn`t a FR game. but we could vote for mazzy, I suppose. Since its the same voice actress.

9. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Huh, good point - didn't even read it had to be FR bit...
    No idea then. Whoever I put, I'll probably remember someone else along the way. Not a Mazzy fan, though.

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Jennifer Hale voiced both Fall-From-Grace and Deionarra in PS: T.

Best voice for me has to be Jon Irenicus! "The pain will only be passing. You should survive the process!"

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  11. Kullervo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Edwin (Jim Meskimen) - "Yes master, what should I fetch now?". That's the spirit!

Nice quote, but average voicing: Tiax (John Mariano) - "One day Tiax will point and click.." :D

12. Kirethorn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The Shaman: Which Jaheira did you like? In BGI she is voiced by Jennifer Darling, and in BGII she is voiced by Heidi Shannon.

A poll will be made as soon as i have a reply.

EDIT: I've gone with Heidi Shannon, she's also in a lot of other games.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.