1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why My Firkraag Talks in Semi-Responsible Middle-Management Clerk's Voice?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by kasio, May 16, 2001.

1. kasio Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Can anyone, please, tell me why does my Dragon Firkraag talk in semi-responsible middle-management clerk's voice?
    I think they would have better chosen the actor who voiced Donald Duck in 70ties... or maybe Britney...

Ve-ery poor choice reaaly. i come up with criticism though i must go along with compliments... The Teller's voice is marvellous! Deep and creepy, when he reads between the chapters or in intro you feel youre doomed, your destiny is inevitable... Great guy :) A lot of this games feeling is because of his voice. Excellent choice!
    Even "You must gahter your party before venturing forth" sounds less annoying because he says it.

[This message has been edited by kasio (edited May 16, 2001).]

2. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

i think that the teller in IWD has a cooler voice. And i kinda liked Firkraags voice.

3. Seric Exz Guest

I think Firkraag's voice is one of the coolest in the game. He sounds intelligent, extremely arrogant, and (above all) bored with all these puny humanoids constantly pestering him.
    Gods help me, I found myself feeling quite amused when I first struck up a conversation with the bugger...

4. kasio Gems: 7/31

Havent played IWD unfortunately, but i would like to.. If I could only get it to purchase.

Firkraags voice is ok when he meets you in Copper Coronet in the begining of chapter 2 in human shape :)

When in dragons shape later - i have to say that there is no better words to characterise it than i mentioned in my 1st post. Sucks a lot i think. How can firebreathing Dragon with 2.5 - 4 meters (8ft - 13ft) tall, smutty larynges (if u want to firebreath you must also suffer some inconveniencies i suppose :)) can speak so cold and HUMAN-SOUNDING voice? Not to mention that he talks WAY too much for "oldest and mightiest creature in Faerun". Kinda babbler of a dragon. Not to mention his clerical snobism in his voice.
    Pfu! Sucks!

5. Bruce the Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I think Firkraag voice sounds great, and it really fit the evil monster like the red dragon, the sound have the element of arrogence and intelligent. A perfect combanation for a red dragon like Firkraag.

6. kasio Gems: 7/31

Dragns are intelligent. But they dont babble.
    1st BTW havent u noticed, tho more wise and intelligent one is the less he speaks.
    2nd BTW as dragons are kinda reptile this must also reflect in his voice.

PS and dont forget about fire and smut effect in his 8ft - 13ft tall larynges.

This guy didnt talk like a dragon. But like a [read the description in title]!

7. Jadriel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ah, but look at the behaviour patterns here.

Both are famous for loving, and hoarding money.

Both are eager to stab friends in the back to advance themselves, or for entertainment.

Both are convinced that the calculated centre of the universe is a point exactly between their ears.

I'd say he was typecast :)

8. kasio Gems: 7/31

Nope, dragons have grown over such measly things. They dont need to backstab. And they have no frieds. They are not like thiefs or mid-manag. They have all the might and power a creature could have. These things are too tiny and measely for them. They are below them.

And tehy DONT BABBLE. And if they do :D then definitely not in SUCH VOICE!

9. Jadriel Gems: 1/31

Mighty and powerful?

Oh, they used to be I grant you, but now a sufficiently prepared party can stroll into their lair, and stroll out a few minutes later a great deal richer.

Oh, and they'll be eating Dragon Steaks and Spicy Dragon Burgers for the next month :)

10. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

they have no friends.. rather... minions like his golems or babies... like the eggs of the silver dragon

11. Jadriel Gems: 1/31

As for the friends comment, I meant peers rather than friends (other dragons) ... just like management, all have colleagues but are willing to sell them out for advancement :p

12. kasio Gems: 7/31

Dragons are above such things!Sell out for advancement... Dragon sells out another dragon for advancement. To gain the position of Dragon Department of Faerun. bwah!
    Dragons dont share human passions/cabals! They are mysterious creatures of might and magic NOT clerks/betrayers/thiefs!

13. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Just wondering.
    From where are you drawing all of these conclusions about dragons?

14. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The whole point of his speech is that he has utmost contempt for you IMHO. But then he wouldn't bother talking, or maybe just a "run away now, if you will, coward."

15. Jadriel Gems: 1/31

Contempt .. management .. the template is still fitting :)

16. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Where are you getting all this nonsense from anyways?? According to various sources(ie dragonlance books, d&d monsters manual) evil dragons are avarious, arrogant, and vain creatures. (at least chromatic and gem dragons) And if you thing dragons don't babble, look in the d&d monsters manual about the desciption of brass(or was it copper?) dragons!! They have a wealth of stories and will even magically put you to sleep just so they can bury you up to your neck in dirt and babble about their stories! Next time make sure you kno what your talking about.

PS dont take this harshly

17. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I liked the voice. IIRC, the same voice appears in IWD. It was the guy in Easthaven who starts the expedition, Hrothgar, same guy, I think.

"I'll leave you to your cups. There's nothing better than a mug of Grisella's best to fight off the chill of the road"...something like that. I need to play IWD again.

18. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Kasio - moaning about the choice of actors now????? When will your buffoonery end?

19. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

With all of this crying, Kasio must go through tissues at an extremely high rate. :)
    Seriously, Kasio, since you are so critical of the work of others, perhaps you should write your own game. If it was good, I would buy it. However, my guess is that you would be the next Derek Smart.

Play on it, play on it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.