1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age: Origins Updated System Specs

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Taluntain, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] As per our news story:

Windows XP Minimum Specifications

CPU: Intel Core 2 Single (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater
    AMD 64 (or equivalent) running at 2.0Ghz or greater
    RAM: 1GB or more
    Video: ATI Radeon X850 256MB or greater
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater
    DVD ROM (Physical copy)
    20 GB HD space

Windows Vista/Windows 7 Minimum Specifications

CPU: Intel Core 2 Single (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater
    AMD 64 (or equivalent) running at 2.0Ghz or greater
    RAM: 1.5 GB or more
    Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater
    NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater
    DVD ROM (Physical copy)
    20 GB HD space

Recommended Specifications

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Processor or equivalent
    AMD Phenom II X2 Dual-Core 2.7 GHz or greater
    RAM: 2 GB (XP) or 3 GB (Windows Vista/Windows 7)
    Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
    NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
    DVD ROM (Physical copy)
    20 GB HD space

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think my system is near the bottom of the minimum XP threshold (I think my 6600 has 256 MB, and I have 2 GB, but the rest looks very much like the minimum). I wonder if it will be worth it . . .

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I upgraded about half a year ago and I'm amazed that I meet the recommended specs, actually...

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I built my computer three years ago and it makes the recommended specs, but I upgraded the vid card 1 year ago. I'm not surprised, because the game does not appear to be all that graphics intensive. But the graphics are still just fine, nevertheless.

I hope to have the time to upgrade my computer sometime next month (but Xmas may make that plan more difficult). I don't know when I'll get around to the game though.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Sucks - I don't think i meet the minimum specs. I haven't updated my video card in about 3 years - it was top of the line at the time, but I seriously doubt it has 256MB.

6. Kiwi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

Upgrades for Dragon Age

[​IMG]
    The actual amount of physical VRAM attached to a video card is on the order of fourth or fifth after Core Speed, RAM Speed, Shader Operator Count, and memory bandwidth. The official requirements were exaggerating the CPU demands by a great deal, while underestimating the Video Performance level by a lesser margin.

The X1550 named as minimum should have been an X1650 XT, and the 6600 GT should have been a Vanilla 6800.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, but I'm using a Radeon 700 XT - I doubt that's going to cut it.

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I believe the lowest Radeon is the 800XT or something like that. If you have 256MB of VRAM on the GPU or more you maybe able to play it on the lowest setting.

9. Kiwi Gems: 3/31

Veteran

It's at least as goos as any Geforce 6600 GT

[​IMG]
    Your only problem is going to be drivers, but Omega has some that will work great for you!

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    FYI I've read on the official forum that running the character creator is a good way to assess how smoothly the game is going to run on your rig.

11. Kiwi Gems: 3/31

Veteran

Just Morons who don't know any better!

[​IMG]
    The only ones with that mistaken idea are the ones not knowing better -- JUST WRONG. All it's good for is "Go / No Go" (Yes or No) on your setup, and totally useless for predicting performance.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.