1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Possible parties for a Baldur's Gate Trilogy run!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by adyghost1, Oct 20, 2009.

1. adyghost1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is there a list of quest related or items granting permanent stats increase? Like the tomes and manuals in BG1 granting +1 STR, CHA, etc. I'm trying find out how many of these there are from various FAQ's but it's taking too much time...

2. Angulimala Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Maybe there is a formal list, but you might be better off checking out one of the walkthroughs on this site.

I'm not sure how much of BG2 + ToB you've played already. Your protagonist can get +1 to every stat in Watcher's Keep. There is also an item from Watcher's Keep that may grant another +1 to your main stat, but it's a random/small chance. The Hell quests can grant +2 or +3 to strength depending on your class, +2 to constitution, or +1 to wisdom and charisma, depending on the choices you make. Also many other permanent bonuses possible in the Hell trials, like increased magic resistance and improved saving throws.

3. Athos Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

In BG1 I believe there's 1 "manual of" each atribute, except for wisdom, of which there's 2. But you have to be a d*ck to the b*tch god worshipers to get the extra one :rolleyes:

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I thought there were three wisdom manuals if TotSC was installed....

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Angulimala has detailed the BG2 stat increases, although remember there is the demon when you lose your soul.

In BG1:
    Strength (catacombs beneath Candlekeep)
    Dexterity (Thieves' Guild)
    Constitution (Flesh Golem cave on the coast)
    Intelligence (Ramazith's Tower)
    Wisdom x3 (catacombs beneath Candlekeep, The Lady's House, Durlag's Tower)
    Charisma (Gnoll Stronghold cave)

So 8 in total, 7 without TotSC.

Yeah, one of the Tomes of Wisdom is part of a quest involving the Temple of Umberlee.

6. adyghost1 Gems: 1/31

So I rolled the following stats:

STR 18/16
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 11
    WIS 16
    CHA 18

I'm thinking I should use Gate Keeper to take a point away from INT or WIS and up the 18/XX STR. It's my way of pretending I'm not really cheating ;). But is 18/16 really going to affect me that much until I get the +1 tome later?

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] That is going to look like this at the end of BG1:

STR 19
    DEX 19
    CON 19
    INT 12
    WIS 19
    CHA 19

So tweaking them further might be a bit overkill, but that's your game. If you care for that kind of things I'd suggest giving that character a 19 in INT as well. :p

8. adyghost1 Gems: 1/31

I'm just concerned about 18/16 part, for weight allowance, to hit bonus, I don't know... but hey, if it doesn't matter, I really don't care. I hate using editors anyway!

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Every bonus at low levels helps, but you'll survive without bumping it up.

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Sorry for being sarcastic but 18/16 is really fine.

11. night_shade Gems: 1/31

how long did it take u to roll that high? i spent literally days trying, and got 18/100 and 18s in the rest of them with CHA at 5 (utterly useless statistic, u always got other party members to do ur talkin and a ring in soa that sets CHA to 18), so just always use shadow keeper and just put all 18s and cha 5. so wat u got is very unbelievable to just roll.. :)

in any case, kensai mages r nice, but the best (dual/multi)class for a powerplay is a kensai dualled to a thief - i did kensai lvl18 to a thief, and by the end of game got insane thac0 of like -19 and -20 and AC of -18 dual wielding crom and whatever else, backstabbing, with 5 APR. trust me, there is nothing better than this, NOTHING - the fact that a thief can use any item cancels kensai no armor limitation, gives u any item in the game to wear, AND u can have a familiar too cause u can cast spells from scrolls lol
    oh and i forgot - i had close to 300 hp :)
    yeah yeah u got lots of time to activate kensai, but ur thief gets levels up fast once u r that far into the game, and its cool to play anyway cause of all the gadgets u got at that point, just stay in shadows lol
    i finished kensai 18 thief 40ish (xp cap removed of cource) - it was pretty much playing solo most of the time tho..

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.