1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

some interesting tid-bits

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Syrel, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] finally finished bg2 :) along the way I discovered (mostly by accident some strange glichs :D )
    this one is kinda neat.
    when you are in the drow city (as drow) if you have jahira with you. basicly she was wearing drow plate and had some other drow stuff. then she got petrified by a beholder. when i turned her back to normal she said that she was going to the harper house (as when this happens they think you are kicking them out of the group. and that is what she does :p ) any way once you are finished and you are back in the city if you go and get her to join with you again she is still a drow! and still has all the drow stuff! so much for the sunlight destroying it. once you go back to the elven forest though it does turn to dust.

2. Kenny42 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Jaheira stays the way she is because you never got the silver dragon to remove her illusion and the game only checks for Drow items in the areas Exit from the Underdark and where you run in to Drizzt & co.
    I'm pretty sure that is the explanation.
    I've also had people removed from the group after being imprisoned and of course Edwin during his little Nether Scroll "incident". :rolleyes:

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yep, in one of my games, I didn't get the Edwin sequence to end, but he reverted to normal once we went to hell.

4. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Heres a good one - not sure if the patch fixed this or not - but I did this in one game. Either use the Cloak of the Sewers on someone, or have them cast metamorph into a creature like a Flind (I used Edwin). When they are in this 'monster' form, if they get level drained they STAY in the monster form and it doesn't wear off, even if you remove the level drain with a restoration spell! I had Edwin going around for ages as a Flind - which was good, he was effectively a great fighter but I couldn't use his spells! I eventually used the Cloak of the Sewers to turn him back into his human form again and all was well!

Another, probably well mentioned thing, is that if you have any item with charges like the glasses or something that summons a creature, like the Horn that you can upgrade and summon warriors, once you use it, if you have the bag of holding you can immediately recharge it by placing in the bag, then removing it again - and so this way you can summon 5 or 6 warriors, for example, however many the game allows to be summoned. I regarded it as cheating however and so only did it for a test! U can do the same with the Spider thing too!

5. Wargon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Cool tip re: Bag of Holding recharging items. Thanks

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.