1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Coolest female NPC in the BG Series?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Bassil Warbone, Aug 12, 2006.

1. NewMan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

For selflessness, loyalty and sheer cuddlyness the prize goes to either Aerie or Imoen, but I'll hug both.

Although they're not really 'cool' as such. Jaheira's obviously the number one kick-ass babe.

2. hendak Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My favorite playable NPC is definitely Imoen from the original series. I understand that she's great as a mage-thief dual, but I liked her style a lot more as a thief. A stealthy scout just blows away mages as far as coolness goes.

For non-playable NPC, I've always liked Tamoko. I wish she had been more involved with the story because she just had this great...something. I can't explain why, I just like her.

3. Redrake Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Imoen is my favorite. She never lives my parties, even evil parties.
    Viconia and Mazzy come as close favorite.

I really hate Nalia with her constant whining and annoying voice. She might be good as a mage, but since I usually go to Spellhold as soon as I'm able to, she doesn't stay in my party for long (enough for her former fiance to show up and put her in jail - a fitting fate for her).

4. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Nalia is annoying. She complains about wanting to help others, yet she throws around her status occassionally (can't think of any examples right now). I kick her out after I finish the first quest so I wouldn't know of any personal growth she undergoes.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

How about the first dialogue she says to the party:

"Is this the thanks I get? I've helped lots of your kind!"

There's another bit before that line about 'this rabble', but I can't quite recall it exactly.

6. Aerie's Number One Fan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    My username says it all.

Jaheira is great, but she loses points for being a little too detached over the course of the romance; the romance seems so formal and serious, with none of the love of Aerie and none of the passion of Viconia. And I won't even get started on how her ‘romance’ ends.

Viconia is great because of the passion and fire she shows, and because the romance has a real ebb and flow to it and it feels like a real story with how it plays out.

I’d put Viconia and Aerie together above Jaheria, because they both come across like they really feel something, whereas Jaheria seems detached. They also win points for how their romances play out, with two very strong, yet very disparate, endings.

I think a romance with Mazzy would have been a nice thing to have, though I think it likely it would have been written too much like Jaheria’s.

Shar-Teal had potential, especially if she was playing off of a somewhat shy PC; she seems like the kind of woman who would just say, “Are you gonna **** me or what?” and then throw you down before getting it on with you.

Nalia is incredibly annoying; she’s either complaining about not doing enough good or she’s acting all smug and superior about doing good. She makes you want to smack her upside the head with the business end of the Flail of Ages.

Imoen is nice enough, but she’s strictly friends material.

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Ah yes, Shar-Teel. What a woman.
    :shake:

8. Redrake Gems: 7/31

Veteran

Shar-Teel benefits from one of the best soundsets for NPC's. She is definetly my favorite NPC in BG1. Too bad she's evil. Although her attitude is more like Chaotic Neutral.

As for Nalia whining here's my answer to her in MP when she started to complain:
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/Redrake/bg2mp10.jpg

9. Morthond Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Media:
    Indira, modded NPC created for BGtutu :)

Second is probably Mazzy. I mean, what's not to like?

10. Redrake Gems: 7/31

Veteran

Don't go to modded NPC's. Otherwise Fade is a definite winner. ;)

11. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@kuemper
    Good one! :D

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Aerie is very cute and amiable but I do not think she is really all that 'cool'. Being cool is something different IMHO. :)

Nalia has a rather cool 'Robin Hood' theme, but her personality is often found annoying by many players. (I love her!)

Imoen is very cool, she is generally carefree, cheerful, energetic, and happy, despite all the troubles and traumas she had. She is always there to help. Her banters with other NPCs are generally the funniest too. I wish I had a sis like Immy.

Mazzy, she is head strong, confident, and really unique. I guess this makes her rather 'cool'. And I know there are lots of players who wish a Mazzy Romance. It is not a bad idea, PC can try to make her forget Patrick and find something anew to love. :p

13. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

@ Redrake

EXACTLY why people hate her! :p

14. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Veteran

i dislike them all in bg2; in bg1 skie and safana have my vote

15. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    The best female NPC for me is Imoen. Sets the heart alight. Favourite to romance would be Jaheira.

16. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I gotta go with Aerie. Somehow I feel attracted to Anishai - too bad she can't be hired (*wink wink for all those modders*) and only has few lines.
    For those of you who don't know her (what a shame) she can be found in Mae'Var's guild hall on the second floor in the lockpicking room.

17. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Veteran

im quite fond of nalia s aunt, i wouldv liked if you could have an affair with her while managing the castle

18. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Nalia's aunt? Surely you jest...wait, you aren't? That hag is so fricking annoying even a LG paladin would like to feed her with her own guts...or leave her to trolls, which I think even they would find too bad to eat. :evil:

Anishai...I know her. She has a certain grace, no? :shake: She is cool. Yes. I guess she is a monk. Why don't modders make a mod about her? A monk, female, and voluptous and seducive NPC. That would be cool!

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Who is Anishai?

20. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Jaheira takes tha cake in my book. As cliche and stupid as this is going to sound, I really like her personality, and her attitude towards the world. Plus, her romance shows her in a whole new light. Plus, she's hot. I mean, come on people, pointy ears :D

Imoen is close second. I find her cheerful attitude towards world and everyone contagious. When Irenicus steals her souls she gains some depth as a character. Yes, I too would like a sister like she :)

Viconia is a bitch. Guess that's why I like her so much :p Plus, she's hot too.

@Mayfairy: I do believe there is a mod out there that enables you to add Anishai to your party. If you give me few moments, I'll try to find it out.

EDIT: ok, I found this:

Picked from here

Alas, I don't know where this mod could be downloaded.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.