1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dialog question (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by findarato, Aug 25, 2009.

1. findarato Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I have 3 questions concerning dialogs with NPC's: and it can't be due to lacking of CHA because I have 18.

1. Hamrys. Last time I played and talked to him I managed to regain a memory about my tomb coffin and myself killing his father. This time nothing happens except that I completed the quests connected to him.

2. endless water decanter. I have it, but the dialogs with Nemelle don't ever refer to it. and my journal still tells me to find it.

3. Stale Mary won't tell me anything about the silent king regardless of my CHA.

have I messed it up somewhere or forgotten something? thanks for any advices in advance.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] 1) Have you been to the tomb? or just recovered the memory?

2) Have you spoken to the stone face about it?

3) Have you found out she knows about a way to see the Silent King yet?

Be aware Wis and Int more often than not have more affect on conversations than Cha itself.

3. findarato Gems: 3/31

Veteran

1. Yes, I was at my own tomb and did all the necessary things there. Hamrys does nothing now than tell me about the ward and the tower. I managed to gain that memory through him in the first game which I have completed, and don't remember how I did it. I am sure my stats were lower then than they are now.

2. yes, now I have. Seems I had forgotten to do it. Now it all worked.

3. No, she does not say anything useful, not even with higher Cha, WIS or INT. But I asked Hargrimm about seeing the silent king before I even met her, maybe I shouldn't have.

Another, new problem has occurred. Can't get that ice piece from the birds in Ivanna's gallery, all that happens is I hurt myself. Maybe should raise my dexterity which is 13. Or can I make Annah do it?

Thanks for your reply so far.

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    1) The only way to get this dialogue with Hamrys is if you ask him about your journal (so he mentions his father's). If you've already found the journal by this point the option won't be available.

2) What 8 said. You need to reactivate the decanter first.

3) Mary will only tell you about the Silent King if you haven't been told by Hagrim to prove your worth and done his quests. If you already have and he's told you you're free to go, you will no longer be able to get the option to teleport to the Silent King. It is possible to get the information on the alcove from Mary, then do Hagrim's tasks, and then use the alcove, but even then you won't get the dialogue with Hagrim about the Silent King.

4) IIRC you need a DEX of 13 for this (and a few other things in the game)

EDIT: Oops, got mixed up. You need the mug Montresor mentions.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    4) Do you have anything to keep the ice bird in? IIRC, you need a frost ale mug in your own inventory (you can buy one in the Curiosity Shoppe, or you can get one from the drunk mage in Clerk's Ward).

6. findarato Gems: 3/31

Veteran

Thanks for your advices, folks, they are very helpful!
    So the silent king has to wait for the next game I start.
    The mug, why didn't I think of that? I'll get it right now.

7. Qwinn Gems: 3/31

All the answers were correct except the bit about Hamrys. In order to trigger the dialogue, you need to speak to Sere the Skeptic in the Dustman bar about him and his father. Oh, and be sure to have her mention him through a couple of different dialogue paths, as one of them doesn't actually set the necessary variable (that'll be fixed in my next fixpack release).

Qwinn

8. findarato Gems: 3/31

Veteran

Oh, Sere! I talked to her, but can't remember Hamrys mentioned. I talked to Iron nails as well and she mentioned him though. I could return to Sere and talk to her again, not sure if she will give me all options the second time.

I'm also wondering if this Luis lets me take the veil and scent from him. I remember in the last game I just laughed and he gave it all to me, but now he just slaps my hand and I leave. Maybe *that's* due to my dexterity of 13.

Thanks again.

BTW which fixpacks are recommended? Not during the game of course, but for the next run. I have Platters 1.1.
    Ok, I read some threads about this in the meantime. there's still the question:
    Do I have to remove other mods in case I install one of yours?
    Are they compatible with each other?

9. Qwinn Gems: 3/31

My mods are not compatible with any other non-WeiDU mods. That means 95% of the other mods out there. However, I fix all the same bugs fixed by Platter, Restoration Pack and SKARDAVNELNATE's fixpack, plus a whole ton of others, so you shouldn't need to install any other large mods.

Some smaller non-WeiDU mods might be compatible, but you'd have to ask me on a case by case basis.

Qwinn

10. findarato Gems: 3/31

Veteran

all the mods I have installed were available from sorcerer's place.

one is called candle.zip, the other is called 'override' (I think).
    Do I have to remove the platters 1.1 before I use one of yours?

BTW, I am now REALLY stuck with the game with this armoury Luis. He just hurts my fingers when I try to open him. Is this a DEX problem? There are no other unfinished quests around, except to go to undersigil to upgrade. Or the rubikon maze.

thanks again!

11. Montresor

Media:
    Did you get the handkerchief from Luis? Other than that, you can't get anything from him (except more scars;)).

You can get the handkerchief with a DEX of 16, a STR of 16, or by begging and whining until he "yawns" and you can grab it.

12. findarato Gems: 3/31

Veteran

you mean the veil he stole? just have the handkerchief with kessai's blood on it, but I am not using that before Luis gets what he deserves.
    don't get the option to whine to him like I did in the last game. I'll try to talk to the girls once more, esp. the abusive one.

PS: I did that, and got to accuse Luis. Now it all worked!
    Thanks a lot for your hints, it's all about placing the dialogs in the right order.

13. Montresor

Media:
    :doh: :o Yes, sorry - veil, not handkerchief!

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Mmm interesting. On my first playthrough I was talking to everyone about everything but never got that option when talking to Hamrys, but I did the next time when I postponed doing the Tomb until being asked about it by Lothar. I guess the first time I picked the broken dialogue path with Sere.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.