1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random MMA (UFC/Bodog/K-1/TKO/EliteXC/Cage Rage/King of The Cage, etc.) babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I also want to see BJ Penn lose his title soooooo badly. Only, I don't think KenFlo is up to the task. What I hope is that GSP goes down to 155 and kick the living heck out of Penn and hold the two titles... That would be cool! :D

I think the Silva vs Griffin fight will be something. Although I think Silva is too good to lose, Griffin will certainly give him a run for his money. Griffin is the never quit kinda guy and as much banged up as he gets, he still goes on, like the duracell bunny... :)

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Or, Griffin could pull the upset of a decision victory.

BJ Penn? Yeah, I'd pay to see him get his ass whooped. GSP would be quite the man to do it.

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    GSP did beat the snot out of Penn when Penn moved up in weightclass. I just can't see where there is any weight on GSP to cut for him to move down to light weight. I think it is more likely if GSP puts on some more muscle and move up.

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

The more I've seen Anderson Silva fight, I wonder if he can be beaten, even by GSP -- Silva's freaking amazing. He's not human, you know? He whips around the Octagon like some sort of force of nature.

5. Triactus

Media:
    After his win over Alves, GSP said that he doesn't really eye the middlewight class. He walks around at 170, so to move up to 185, he would have to gain a lot of muscle and he's not that interested. Plus, he said he was a small 170, so he would be an even smaller 185.

No no, I say go for Penn! :D

BTW, if any of you don't know what the B.J. stands for : His parents named all their boys Jay, adding something different for each before the Jay. Since he was youngest, Penn got Baby Jay! :lol: It explains why he's such a sore loser...:roll:

6. Disciple of The Watch

I hear Fedor turned down UFC. Good. Still a shame the Barnett/Fedor fight is off, and Affliction done, though.

I guess Fedor will return kicking ass in Japan... it doesen't matter where he goes -- he's one of the greatest ever. Fedor is the Sting of MMA -- he was offered the chance to sign with the big guys, and turned it down.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  7. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Did anyone watch the UFC 101? I loved it.

Watching Penn demolish Florian cheered me up no end. Penn is a whiny little prick, but he's a helluva fighter.

Watching Silva demolish Griffin was just . . . embarassing. Griffin was totally outclassed. I don't think Silva even broke a sweat. Afterward, though, Silva acted like a perfect gentleman and even had practiced some English -- enough to speak well of his opponent. That's class, all the way. Griffin's retreat to the locker room was a little odd. Either he was quite injured or he's just a poor sport. Sad either way, though. He looked like a novice out there -- I wonder if he's shot his bolt.

The Grove / Almeida fight was interesting. I would have put my money on Grove at the beginning, but Almeida took it by out-enduring his taller opponent.

The biggest disgrace of the night belongs to the douche who stopped the Sadollah / Hendricks fight. I think Hendricks would have taken it anyway, but nonetheless, Sadollah was not unable to defend himself and he wasn't anywhere close to being knocked out. They both got ripped off of a chance to really prove who was the better fighter.

That's all for now.

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Watching it now, must say that it wasnt a complete robbery of Sadollah. Sure, he could have given him a few more seconds but I prefer they stop it slightly early than as sometimes when they let someone get completely demolished.

9. Disciple of The Watch

The ref could just have pulled him off to let Sadollah gather his senses about and resume the fight. That's how I see it, at least.

BJ Penn... it's time this guy gets his ass handed to him. Shut that arrogant prick up, GSP, please.

And appearantly Fedor has signed with Strikeforce. Interesting.

Silva still kicks as much ass, and that works for me. That match was a massacre, plain and simple. I smell a rematch down the line between these two.

10. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

The way Silva effortlessly danced around Forrest with his hands at his sides is like something you would see from a cheesy kung fu movie...except it really happened. The guy is astounding, and it's (nearly) always a treat watching him fight. He takes great fighters and makes their skills look elementary.

I couldn't agree more about his sportsmanship: A further testament to how great of a fighter and man he really is.

Yeah, the fight looked like it was nearly finished - but few seconds should have been given to ensure it was finished beyond a doubt, considering how fast Sadollah was back on his feet. These fighters are owed at least that much.

I don't think they're allowed to do that. There isn't supposed to be any break period for the fighters aside from the ends of the rounds or a recovery from something like a groin shot. The only time the ref should be pulling a fighter off another is to declare the match finished.

Haha, he already did it once...I'm not sure if there's any beating that would shut BJ up completely. :lol:

11. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I just started really getting nito MMA recently, and I just heard about Greasegate. Looks like Penn is a sore loser, though it still looks like GSP shouldn't have had that idiot in his corner. I doubt the Vaseline made any difference in the final outcome. GSP is just a superior athlete.

I don't think that GSP should try to pack on 15 pounds to take on Silva. But I've heard of fights where they both agree to meet in the middle -- say at 178?

12. Disciple of The Watch

GSP vs Silva would be one for the ages.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Holy crap, I just saw Chris Cyborg fight Gina Carano last weekend. I'd never seen women MMA before. I believe that Cyborg could take Penn, though of course we'd never see that. That chick is scary!

What the hell is strikeforce? Is it connected to UFC like WEC is? I mean, Randy Couture was Carano's trainer and was in her corner (not that it did much good, she got her gorgeous little hiney kicked!)

14. Disciple of The Watch

No. Strikeforce is another MMA federation. Fedor has signed a deal with Strikeforce... I don't remember the exact terms.

There was also PRIDE, the MMA federation that produced Nogueira. Kickass company... remember the Champion vs Champion UFC PPV (75, I believe)? This was after they acquired PRIDE -- all matches were unification bouts to get rid of the PRIDE titles. UFC's top of the cream vs PRIDE's top of the cream. Great PPV.

*EDIT* Carano trained under Randy Couture at Xtreme Couture. There's your explanation for Couture being in Carano's corner.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  15. Triactus

Media:
    Has anyone heard that "Rampage" Jackson retired? I read that in a french sports web site, but I can't seem to find anything on the ufc website. He said he wanted to focus on his acting career. Does that mean he won't fight against Rashad Evans in the TUF finals?

Talking about TUF, have you guys watched it? Three episodes have been broadcast. The big Kimbo Slice has fought... mouahahaha. Here is a spoiler alert for those who have not watched the first three episodes.

Damn, the three fights so far have been really lame!

The first one had no freaking take down defense and was on his back for two rounds. Still, the winner's ground and pound was not effective at all. He should have controled someone who was so bad at ground work. I was not impressed by the win at all.

The second fight wasn't good either. Both were exhausted after what, 4 minutes of fighting? And they want to fight in the UFC? Work on your freaking cardio! The winner was Rashad's training partner, and he was still too tired to do anyting in the *second* round! c'mon!

And last week's fight, with Kimbo Slice was a huge dissapointement for me. I expected a battle, instead I got a... I don't even know what you call that. Kimbo was awful at takedown defense, and was even worse at the ground game. But that's cool, we expected that of him. Nelson, however, didn't look impressive in his win. His little pinkie hints were tickling Kimbo more than anything. And he's gloating after the fight?? Gloating for what?

16. Disciple of The Watch

Well, the first fight had a *lot* of blood. Matter of fact, the medics could *see* the guy's freaking skull, shows just how bad he was gushing blood like a fountain.

17. Triactus

Media:
    Yeah, and gushing he was. Even Dana White said it was one of the bloodiest fights he had seen. But the fight itself wasn't really exciting.

I saw the new episode last night. Finally, a fight that was at least enjoyable with a good finish! And what the hell was wrong with Marcus Jones? He was in the house and he just starting sweating like crazy. Blood pressure problems?

ION, I heard that Dana White has a background in boxing. I guess you don't have a choice than to fight with your fists and become the president of the fastest growing sport when your first name is "Dana". Reminds me of the Cash song "A boy named Sue"... :lol:

18. joacqin

Media:
    Just watched Machida vs Shogun and even though I am a big fan of Machida Shogun owned that fight. Is it impossible to get rid of corruption in judge's decisions? It wasn't even a very close fight. Shogun controlled Machida and completely smashed his legs, Machida did not land very much. I would much prefer if Machida got the loss he deserved and then win a re-match.

Also Ben Rothwell was upset at the referee for stopping the match, why? He was getting destroyed out there and it should have been stopped earlier. He should be grateful that the ref stopped him from further punishment.

19. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I agree on both scores, Joaqin. The Machida fight in particular was an utter disgrace. He shoulda lost that belt to Shogun.

20. Triactus

Media:
    I haven't seen the last UFC yet, so I'm not reading the last posts on purpose.. :)

Have you guys seen the last few episodes of The Ultimate Fighter?

What's up with these guys? Some are pro athletes, but they gas out so quickly!! Aren't they doing cardio? How in hell do they expect to fight in the UFC is they lie down in fetal position because of exhaustion after like four minutes of fighting? I understand that they don't have much training in preparation for their fights, but some of them fought in the UFC before and I don't remember seeing so many cases of mid-fight gas out in the other seasons.

I do kickboxing, I understand very well what's it like to hit something continuously for minutes at a time. But their cardio seems horrible...

/end rant

The last fight between Mitrione and Junk was ridiculous. Their arms looked like rubber after two or three minutes... Btw, I thought the fight was leaning to Mitrione but was too close to call. I would have gone to a third round. Do you think Rashad will sweep Jackson in the 8th and final prelim fight?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.