1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Duffin, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Is anyone interested in a SP fantasy football league? If there are enough people, say four or more, then I would be happy to set up a league. We could use the official premiership system and all you would need to do is register and pick your team here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Rules and prizes are all on the site. It would be possible to set up only a private league for SP members. If anyone is interested just post here and we'll see about getting enough people.

---------------------------------------- Edit

Okay I made the league so this is how you can make a team and join in.

1) You need to register here http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ and confirm your email address.

2) You will be asked to pick a team, each player will have a value and you have 100 points to spend, it'll be pretty self explanatory.

3) Once you have chosen your team you need to go to leagues, join private league, and then put in the following code - 797327-181056

All the rules and the points system are on the site. If your having any trouble making a team or joining the league just let me know here or with a PM and I'll try to help you the best I can but it is all pretty straightfoward.

There is no limit to the size of the league so anyone is welcome, I hope we can get quite a few of us.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Ahhh, fantasy football. I was with you until you said the official premiership system :grin: Then I checked who posted it and figured out what was going on.

I could go for it, though I only have a cursory knowledge of your football system. I could be the easy out, dark horse, upset pick!

Or better yet, hopefully you find enough knowledgable players.

3. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Sorry, maybe I should have put soccer in the title. The reason I think the premiership would be the best one to use is its probably the widest known league here. US fans and other Europeans are likely to have some knowledge of it whereas that might not be the case vice versa, if that makes sense.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm.... Perhaps this would be a means of getting interested in soccer...

5. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

I'd definitely be up for it if there was a few players. I really enjoyed doing it in my last workplace but my new one is too small to have a league. There's only one other in the office who would have the interest in doing it.

6. Duffin Gems: 13/31

BTW Aldeth are you aware that ESPN now have the rights to some premier league games? And yes this could be an introduction to English football.

7. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

Are you getting confused there Duffin? The rights are broken up into packages for each country and sold for a set period of years. The rights ESPN just bought were the ones from Setanta UK which went bankrupt but these would only be UK rights, it wouldn't cover any overseas ones. Whoever bought the US rights originally would still have them so they haven't changed (I'm not sure who does but I don't think it's the US Setanta which is still around in any case).

8. Kullervo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Count me in, I like both Premier League and fantasy sports :) .

9. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Oh right, I just knew ESPN were a major American sports network so assumed theyd be selling them in the US aswell.

It looks like we'll probably have enough for a league then, hopefully some more will be interested.

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm on there. Set up a league and post the code, and I'll join. Be sensible and call it something non-geek related. Not all of us want our mates to know we post on the 'Boards of Magick' :lol:

11. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Already thought of that. The word 'Sorcerer' will NOT be in the title. Actually I already made it and will post the code when I get home.

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    Happy days.

13. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Okay I made the league so this is how you can make a team and join in.

1) You need to register here http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ and confirm your email address.

2) You will be asked to pick a team, each player will have a value and you have 100 points to spend, it'll be pretty self explanatory.

3) Once you have chosen your team you need to go to leagues, join private league, and then put in the following code - 797327-181056

All the rules and the points system are on the site. If your having any trouble making a team or joining the league just let me know here or with a PM and I'll try to help you the best I can but it is all pretty straightfoward.

There is no limit to the size of the league so anyone is welcome, I hope we can get quite a few of us.

14. Kullervo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I joined already. Creating the team took about one hour - it's not complicated, but I am... and I'll probably switch half of my team before the first deadline :D . Very non-geekly named league, indeed ;) .

15. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I’m going to give it a go. Never played any fantasy league, and I’m not very knowledgeable about the Premier League, but it sounds like fun so, why not?

16. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The Palouse Shasta will take you down. Upset time, haha.

Nah, I'm gonna get killed, but at least I can appreciate the destruction :p

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    Cleavage Cup - that's the way forward.

Multiple Scoregasm is in the building. Lock up yer daughters

18. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Haha, we've got 5 already so if we could end up with around 10 or so that would be a nice little league.

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    You Brits don't even play fantasy sports like Americans! When you said we had 100 points to spend, I was under the (mistaken) assumption that we were doing an auction style draft. It seems like the way you have this set up, players can be on more than one team?

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    No... you just pick the players you want, with the money you've got... pretty simple :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.