1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Should I align with Bodhi's Guild or the Shadow Thieves?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sepaen Thunderbow, May 9, 2003.

1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Bodhi's just plain annoying. That's what she is. :p

Of course in a lot of cases 'annoying' and 'evil' go right hand in hand.

2. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Hannibal Lector was a bad guy with manners. That just because he had manners doesn't mean he didn't do terrible things to people who didn't deserve it (some of the people he did in were either villains or had a bad streak of one sort or another, but these weren't even most of the people he killed).

Aran isn't Mr. Lector and good manners can be nice, but sometimes they can be a cover so while I would prefer someone have them (and would try to respond to good manners with good manners of my own), I would have the caution to be aware of potential for deceit.

On at the level of 2 individuals I think Bodhi is more evil than Aran (who isn't good). However if you take a step back and look at the whole situation of Bodhi & her guild vs the Shadow Thieves the debate becomes much more muddled as to if one is really better than the other.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  3. tomaka Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i ALWAYS play with the Shadow Thieves. this time i decided to find out what the dark side can offer. the problem is, yesterday i found out about the new Ajantis mod and installed it and then took Anomen and thinking about taking Keldron (never played with that one, but, well, if there is a paladin in the group why not an inquisitor?). Does anybody know if LG Anomen leaves if i agree to Bodhi's terms? (i understand from a previous post that Keldron leaves)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    That was some pretty epic Thread Necromancy back there. A six year topic!

Pretty sure Ano doesn't leave.

5. Grimwald Gems: 1/31

And Imoen. :)

There are some mods that will decide matters for you. For instance if you have a vampire in your party.

6. pplr Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Tomaka

I think Anomen stays in your party if you work for Bodhi no matter what his alignment is. Save it just in case prior to talking with her and if it doesn't work just dump him from the party right before you talk with her and pick him back up after you have.

7. tomaka Gems: 1/31

thanks. funny, but the first time i decided to do Bodhi's path, Valen didn't show up. i had like 70000GP and finished all the big rural quests and the eye - nothing. so i went to Gaylan and he told me, yes, well the price has changed, you need only pay 15000. wonder why Valen didn't approach us - maybe she was afraid, i've too many npc's in my group who can deal with undead:)

8. putridwarrior Gems: 1/31

Thieves Guild all the way. Come on. Thieves Guild. It's so classic.

9. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Were you playing as a single-class Thief? If so, Bodhi won't align with you.

Then again, it could also be a bug. I think Valen should still show up and tell you to speak to Bodhi.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What is it with thread resurrection lately?

Anyway, you can never go wrong siding with Neeber.

11. pplr Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Think it was a bug as I recall being told by Bodhi (when you first meet her) that she doesn't want you to join her side if she doesn't like your thief status.

I simply got around this by going back to an earlier save, duel-classing (was playing a human thief at the time) and joining her faction while my thief class was still "inactive" and my new class's levels weren't high enough (yet) to activate it & its abilities.

12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] pplr, thanks for clearing that up! :)

13. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I actually didn't know that. It is interesting. Still dual classing to join Bodhi is a bit to much of a sacrifice don't you think?

14. pplr Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    It worked ok for me.

It was kinda funny because here I was running Mae'Var's old guild while knocking out the head guild, but I didn't mind.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.