1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gods In BG2?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by FeetOfClay, Sep 30, 2008.

1. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:

You picked off the one I wanted to mention. Priests of his would conquer Ravenloft (not in the game though). There was an unfinished quest that mentioned Sune (it related to the art dealer in Waukeen's Prom.) You will not find it if in an unmodified BG2 though (you would need to get the modification that finishes the subquest and puts it in/activates it).

Sune is also mentioned in ToB by [snip]. I tried to save the [snip]. I gave the [snip] and she mentioned Sune I believe.

Mielikki, the different items you get for completing one of the cleric temple (not sure if you have to be a cleric to get this one) quests rewards are a ring, armor, or something else. One of them is of Mielikki who is a nature/ranger goddess that Drizzt follows. I think she is Neutral Good, rather than just Neutral like many D&D nature gods.

Or am I confusing one of these items with the armor you can get from saving the Umar Hills village?

Also, Keldorn very much does follow Torm. Torm is a LG ally of Helm, but I think the game designers took this too far as there are some dialogues where Keldorn is happy about you joining the temple of Helm that make this confusing and I think I've seen Anomen mention Torm once or twice which doesn't make sense as he follows Helm. Keldorn follows Torm, but the game designers could have done a better job of defining that.

[Please don't post ToB content in the SoA-only forum, as per forum description. -Tal]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The only true god in BG2 is [CHARNAME].

Nataraja likes this.
  3. pplr Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    We missed a few.:

Did Lliira go unmentioned? She is mentioned by one of Waukeen's followers and by a girl in the slaver base in the slums (joy). Lliira is the current D&D goddess that takes care of Waukeen's followers in the forgotten realms. In the faerun storyline Lliira is associated with joy (and dancing/festivals).

Corellon Larethian is mentioned in the elven city at the end (think of the puzzlebox you to open to get one of the elven relic items). He is viewed as the maker and protector of elves in D&D.

Aerdrie Faenya is mentioned in one of Aerie's dialogues I believe and is the D&D goddess most directly followed by the winged elves.

Seldarine is the title for the D&D non-drow elven pantheon, it is mentioned a couple times in the elven city where you go to stop Irenicus. Thus most elven D&D gods could be fit under this label.

2 more D&D drow gods are mentioned:
    Ghaunadaur-whose followers you are sent to attack in the drow city (with slimes).
    Vhaeraun-who is referred to by a male drow in a bar in the drow city.... prior to his being attacked by another drow for it (you can help either one of them by casting healing spells on one while not attacking either, each says something different depending on if he wins).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  4. pplr Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Milil was also mentioned by the man who manages the bard stronghold for you after you solve one of the problems. I think he says "thank Milil", whom is the D&D god of song and poetry in faerun.

5. Shadow Mage Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Tymora, goddess of luck, is mentioned. In the Paladin Stronghold quest involving the Morningales, the knight who surrenders custody of the girl to your character offers you the blessings of his god and Tymora, presumably because you will need good luck dealing with the girl.

6. Grimwald Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So, who's going to write the mod that allows clerics or paladins choose which god they serve?
    A choice of three seems pretty limited. (A choice of one for paladins :( )

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Doesn't the Cleric remix mod tend to that very issue?

That being said it's correct that a choice between only three deities is not enough to represent the diversity of the Forgotten Realms.

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I would like to see the mod where all characters can choose a god to worship, not just divine spell-casters.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.