1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG2KeepAllBG1ItemsOnImportedCharacter

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Grimwald, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Grimwald Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have copied the files into the overide folder and I am still only getting three of my items (Occasionally four). Anyone know why?

Whilst I can understand why bags of holding and other items from mods were lost, a number of other items were not imported. (Shield +2, +4 against missiles)
    Wands etc. Indeed, it seems that the items from mods had a better chance of being kept.

Has there been a change in either Tutu or SoA that is causing the problem?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've never heard of that little mod not working as advertised, so it has to be something about your install...

3. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You can keep all your items from bg1 by simply importing your character and then waiting for the opening cutscene of SoA to finish, then quickly hit the pause button (space) when the screen goes blank before the scripted part where Irenicus walks up to you and tortures you. Once paused open up your inventory (i) and put all your stuff on the floor. After the scripted scene when Imoen rescues you all of your items will be on the floor of the cage you were locked in.

4. Grimwald Gems: 1/31

I know, but now I have Tutu installed, that doesn't work. You can import a few limited items from Tutu but not everything. This mod doesn't seem to change what I can import. Is it meant to be just for ToSC or is it supposed to work for Tutu as well?

5. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    This isn't surprising, really. Tutu moves your BG1 install lock, stock, and barrel into BG2, but to prevent overwriting, it adds an underscore to the beginning of all the files it moves over. A lot of your items from ToSC would have had the same file name as their BG2 equivalents and will thus be importable, but almost none of your tutu items will.

6. Grimwald Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the info.
    The items that come from mods have a file in the override folder in Tutu.
    If this file was put in the override folder in SoA, do you think that I would then be able to import that item?
    I am only asking for an quick opinion not an in depth study.
    If you think that it might work, I will try it out for myself.

7. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    It would almost certainly work, but the item descriptions would be in the wrong places and it could cause all kinds of other problems with your game on top of that. I'd cut my losses.

8. Grimwald Gems: 1/31

OK. Thanks for your help. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.