1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dermatology problems... (gross, forewarned)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Muffildy, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Muffildy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Does anyone know what to do about large inch or so long open sores on the exact center of your butt crack? currently it appears as though the two sides of the butt crack are healing together instead of remaining separate. Im afraid cutting them back apart or pulling them apart would be too painful and so wonder what to do. Even if they should come back apart randomly how would i keep them apart long enough for it to heal separately rather than together?

2. nunsbane

nunsbane

My primary advice would be to consult a physician.

Secondarily, if you will suffer my opinion....however your body chooses to heal itself you should trust. Your buttcrack sore has the benefit of evolution working for it....healing techniques established long before you or I were twinkles in a protohuman's eye.

Don't be embarrassed by the question. You are absolutely not the first to be plagued with buttcrack sore scabs. My guess is that your crack will heal itself and that it only *appears* that your butt is healing 'together'.

Let me stress though...if your sores become terribly concerning to you; contact your doctor....accept his advice over my own....I am a concerned *autoworker* not a doctor.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    GO TO THE DOCTOR! Seriously, that area is going to be a high risk infection area so you may need them packing.

Also, get off the internet as you'll end up seeing all kinds of good ideas that'll end up causing you more problems. Plus, you won't be sitting on your butt

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It always crack me up when a person posts for advice on a health or relationship issue on a board populated mostly by geeks. Do you REALLY want OUR advice on these things?

See a professional.

As an aside, I can't help but wonder if Muffildy is pulling our leg here. If so, it's an awesome post. If Muffildy is being honest then my first comment stands.

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I concur -- I believe that there is a high probability that we are being "punked".

However, in the interests of being compassionate, I will state that if you truly have such an odd condition it is imperative to see a doctor. I myself have never heard of nor seen such an affliction.

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...perhaps we should be insulted in that Muffildy thinks it's a problem we would all have intimate experience with.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Given the nature of the injury, is this an attempt at a pun?

8. Muffildy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Its not a punk, its a serious problem.
    Its not my problem, but as i'm a party to that persons problem i thought i would try to find a solution.
    She doesnt have health insurance, and doesnt exactly have much money to blow on visiting doctors.
    As for anyone having that problem themselves here, i would hope not, i was actually hoping some of the gamers here would be of the medical profession and willing to part with free advice.
    Currently its been decided to spray new skin on it and hope for the best. (it was stuck together last i looked) So it is a little wierd that the skin along the crack has a portion of it joined slightly higher on the cheek than the other areas, but i guess if it heals back together then as the first person said it should be fine.

9. T2Bruno

Media:
    Spray new skin on it?

I would think an antiseptic salve would be preferable (Neosporin makes one that also has a pain killer).

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Are there any free health clinics at the hospitals in your area?

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I strongly recommend to subject the afflicted butt to a thorough medical examination. Indeed, visiting a physician or a clinic comes to mind.

To prevent chronic butt rot of some sort or another it is advisable to abstain from attempts of self surgery - likely your arms aren't long enough, your neck isn't flexible enough and probably your medical skills aren't entirely up to the task. I can imagine a disturbing scenario using mirrors - forget about that.

Curious enquiry: You don't want to let us in on the origins of that peculiar ailment?

EDIT: PS: Ah yes, and now I read it isn't about you yourself. Assuming for a second that your problem is real, and that there is no other solution than self-help, a logical approach to prevent them from growing together anyway is to keep them separated, like using band-aids and using a disinfectant to keep the afflicted area clean./EDIT

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.